Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

Its definitely silly season, so I have no problem with the various rumours going around, particularly as many will come to nothing except maybe getting players at other clubs improved contracts. I kind of wish I could just block out all the news feeds and stuff until the start of the season though as its already getting tiresome.

Regardless of who we sign, its funny to hear lots of fans complaining about the sort of players we're being linked with. While I can kind of see the point that only signing players from other SPL clubs isn't the answer, if you think back to the season just past, lots of these crap SPL players often played our lot of the park at times. So they can't be as bad as we like to think can they?

BBC Scotland reckon we've now bid 3M for Lafferty.

So depending on how things go, we'll line up one of two ways next season.

_________________McGregor_______________

Broadfoot______Weir_____Cuellar_______Papac

Whittaker_____Webster______Wilkie_____Smith

_____________Reynolds______Cousin_________

or

_________________McGregor_________________

Broadfoot______Boyd________Fleck_______Miller

Novo______Velicka_________Lafferty______Buffel

_____________Darcheville______Cousin_________

BBC Scotland reckon we've now bid 3M for Lafferty.

So depending on how things go, we'll line up one of two ways next season.

_________________McGregor_______________

Broadfoot______Weir_____Cuellar_______Papac

Whittaker_____Webster______Wilkie_____Smith

_____________Reynolds______Cousin_________

or

_________________McGregor_________________

Broadfoot______Boyd________Fleck_______Miller

Novo______Velicka_________Lafferty______Buffel

_____________Darcheville______Cousin_________

Take it your tongue's firmly in your cheek here? What the hell is Wilkie doing there? And we were linked with Klasnic who I've just seen play brilliantly tonight - now you're talking!

Take it your tongue's firmly in your cheek here? What the hell is Wilkie doing there? And we were linked with Klasnic who I've just seen play brilliantly tonight - now you're talking!

How many more strikers do we need though? We're going to struggle to get rid of Cousin at this rate, that leaves Cousin Darcheville Boyd Novo Velicka Miller. Surely we don't need Klasnic as well unless three of the aforementioned are sold

How many more strikers do we need though? We're going to struggle to get rid of Cousin at this rate, that leaves Cousin Darcheville Boyd Novo Velicka Miller. Surely we don't need Klasnic as well unless three of the aforementioned are sold

Out of that lot given the choice I'd have Klasnic,Boyd,Novo, Velicka and, yes, Miller! % is not too many given our commitments.

Our improved Lafferty bid apparently includes Gow going in exchange.

If Cousin & JCD go, then maybe we don't have too many strikers assuming we're going to be playing a 4-4-2 in domestic games. Novo still seems to make more of an impact from the right side and Naismith is out for months yet, so maybe there's method to Wattie's madness after all.

That would give us two from:

Boyd

Velicka

Lafferty

Miller

Even though Fulham have pulled out of the Cousin deal, I'd have thought his agent will find him a club somewhere so that he gets his cut from it. Money for JCD would be too good to turn down IMO as his hamstrings are clearly shot and that's no use when you're that sort of a player.

Apparently we have now signed Lafferty too for 3 mill plus Gow

From http://www.rangersloyal.co.uk/newsnow/0608/article2.html

Tonight Rangers secured another striker in the form of Northern Irish striker Kyle Lafferty from Burnely. Rangers have fought off competition from Wolves and Celtic for his signature. The fee is rumoured to be close to �£3m as well as a Alan Gow heading the other way