Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

Yes, the calumny from the anti KM brigade will be deafning... I can see another group airing similar to Lafferty. He is though, like Miller unproven but lets not forget they are coming to a league that is not as good as the one's they leave.

"alexscottislegend dictionary Loyal!!"

Yes, we definitely are armed with a better class of abuse here on this forum. I just hope that Lafferty doesn't cause me to stetch my vocabulary too far, though - might do myself a mischief!

With the signing of 3 strikers and no links to ANY midfielder, I wonder if WS plans are an attacking 4-3-3 football next season, something like this: :)

_________________McGregor___________________

Whittaker_____Carlos_______Webster______Papac

_______Davis______Ferguson_____Thomson_______

_____Miller_________Velicka______Lafferty________

With a back up team of:

_________________Alexander___________________

???????_______Webster_____Broadfoot______Smith

_______Furman_____Hemdani______Beasley_______

_______Novo_______Boyd_________McCulloch____

Think you've got it spot on there Gribz with your first selection. Actually, it doesn't look too bad, though I'd like Beasley to be part of the equation somehow. If we hold on to McGregor and Cuellar then I'd be quite encouraged. Thanks, you've cheered me up!

Like the look of the first team too.....IF WS decides to go attacking instead of defensive.

My only concern with Beasley is that he seems to be a bit lightweight for the SPL. IMO he didnt really shine when we saw him. Some good moments but then so did Adam. I hope Im wrong and fully fit with a full pre-season he can show what he can do....

Think you've got it spot on there Gribz with your first selection. Actually, it doesn't look too bad, though I'd like Beasley to be part of the equation somehow. If we hold on to McGregor and Cuellar then I'd be quite encouraged. Thanks, you've cheered me up!

Yeah I would like to see Beasley involved aswell.

The problem with the above teams is natural width. Neither Miller or Davis play on the touchline, nor doesn Thomson or Lafferty.

I didnt know he still had a year on his contract. I thought he was a free player in July.

Oh well, I hope he stays. All this talk of buying a creative midfielder and we can have one for 400k

one with sadly no balls :flipa:

RANGERS hitmen Kris Boyd and Jean-Claude Darcheville today promised to fight for their futures after Ibrox gaffer Walter Smith's �£6million summer striker spending spree.

Smith is hoping to finalise the signing of �£3million Kyle Lafferty from English Coca-Cola Championship club Burnley today.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2348714.0.0.php

5 strikers (Velicka, Lafferty, Miller, Boyd, JCD) along with others who can play there - Novo, McCulloch, Naismith (when fit) and Cousin is still on the books, PLUS young Fleck.

We have strikers coming out our ears. Why do i get the impression WS is going to play these out of position and as wide players because we cant get midfielders.