Kenny Miller - Deal Completed

Pish jokes aside, when you coming back over for a drink?

I would love to Gav but i am going through the most expensive part of my families life. My kids are treated as adults when i ask for money and treated like kids if the state should be paying. I will hope for next year though.

Straight from the horses mouth so to speak.....

Miller said: "Obviously we've all heard the speculation and I'm aware of an interest but this is a long way from being as cut and dried as people are making out.

"I don't really want to talk too much about it at this stage but what I would say is this - I absolutely loved my time working with Walter and Super Ally when they were in charge of the Scotland set-up.

"That was one of the most enjoyable periods of my career.

If I got the chance to work with them again I'd jump at it.

"But at the moment there is nothing to report. We'll have to see how things work out."

Apparently there's a release clause in his contract of 1.6M and negotiations with Derby are ongoing.

Miller "not good enough" for Rangers fans

tribalfooball.com - May 26, 2008

Kenny Miller would be a "deeply unpopular" signing among the Rangers support, according to fans' spokesman David Edgar.

The Scotland striker is rumoured to be on his way back to Ibrox where he played for under Dick Advocaat in season 2000-01.

Miller, 28, failed to pin down a regular first team spot and after a spell at Wolves, he signed for Celtic in 2006 where he again lasted only one season before moving to Derby.

Edgar, spokesman for the Rangers Supporters Trust, insisted Miller's ability and not his time at Celtic was the sticking point among the majority of Ibrox supporters.

He said: "First of all, let me say that it's not for me to tell Walter Smith who to sign and if he does think that the best way forward is to sign Kenny Miller, then I will get behind him.

"Rangers fans in general would never tell any Rangers manager who to sign and certainly not Walter Smith.

"But the level of dissent shown by the supporters against a player who hasn't yet signed for us is unprecedented.

"I certainly haven't heard anything like it before.

"We were 2-0 up in a Scottish Cup final and the Rangers fans were singing against Miller that is an indication of how strongly the fans feel about it.

"He is a deeply unpopular player and it is clear that the fans don't want him and I would say it is the vast majority rather than a minority who feel this way.

"It has nothing to do with him being an ex-Celtic player, they don't like him because he is not good enough.

"Rangers fans don't care about a player's background and they would have no problem with signing an ex-Celtic player if he was going to improve the team.

"But Miller has had two attempts at the Old Firm, both at the time when the clubs were champions, and he failed spectacularly.

"He played in a Celtic team that won the title by around 20 points and he scored four goals.

"So will Rangers fans welcome him with open arms? No."

What do people think about the RST commenting on possible signings? I'm not really sure that this is what they should be doing and even less so given the beating our Bears have taken since Manchester. The view of fans about Miller is pretty unimportant IMO given what's happened.

Was this statement put out by the RST or were they asked to comment on the Miller signing?

look lads, hes comming and theres nothing we can do about it. so do what we do best. get behind the team and dont run the player into the ground before hes even here....again.

for what its worth i thought celtic made a big mistake in selling him.