Kenny Miller - Deal Completed

Yeah, but Pete, the level ourselves are looking to get to and Motherwell are looking to get to are totally different. To be honest, outwith the Old Firm, the SPL in my eyes is much of a muchness. With some astute management and signings any of the teams have ability to finish 3rd. However to break into top echelons of European football takes more than that these days i'm afraid.

I understand what your saying, teams like PSV, Ajax, Villareal etc have all punched above their weight. However Dutch league is much like ourselves, dominated by a couple of teams...3 if you include Feynoord, whereas Villareal are always going to struggle against Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Yeah, but Pete, the level ourselves are looking to get to and Motherwell are looking to get to are totally different. To be honest, outwith the Old Firm, the SPL in my eyes is much of a muchness. With some astute management and signings any of the teams have ability to finish 3rd. However to break into top echelons of European football takes more than that these days i'm afraid.

I understand what your saying, teams like PSV, Ajax, Villareal etc have all punched above their weight. However Dutch league is much like ourselves, dominated by a couple of teams...3 if you include Feynoord, whereas Villareal are always going to struggle against Barcelona and Real Madrid.

If i look at Herenveen then every year they can pick out a Gem. Mostly from Scandinavia. We used to get those gems. Why do we have to go back to the future an pick out has been's who will be never been's. The price of Miller can only drop. Herenveen- Huntelaar- 10mill\ van Nistillroy- ?millions. Alves-15mill.

They have had many more.

Buying old shite is only going to block the toilet. We need to pay reasonable money for young talent.

Kenny Millers stats! This just cannot happen!

Played (Goals)

1996ââ?¬â??2000 Hibernian 45 (12)

1998ââ?¬â??1999 Stenhousemuir (loan) 11 (8)

2000ââ?¬â??2001 Rangers 30 (8)

2001 Wolves (loan) 5 (2)

2001ââ?¬â??2006 Wolves 162 (50)

2006ââ?¬â??2007 Celtic 33 (7)

2007ââ?¬â??2008 Derby County 30 (4)

There are just not enough goals in this guy.

The only good thing I can say is that his goals to games ratio is probably better than Sebo's.

Thats a cracking record at Stenhousemuir :fish:

The only way we will ever get to the next level now is by developing our young quality players. We cannot buy our way to the next level now, certainly not on the transfer budgets available to us

Mark Hughes has, according to something I heard on the radio yesterday, spent a net �£4million as Blackburn manager. He's brought in players like Bentley, McCarthy, Santa Cruz. There are bargains out there to be had, it's a case of scoutingnetworks, selling the clubs and paying the wages.

As I've said before, we do not have a scouting "network" to speak of. For a team in our position in a European sense, it's nothing short of criminal. We could easily be taking the very best young players from all the scandinavian countries, great players from Africa and even great players from Eastern Europe and South America. SDM is so short sighted that this avenue has long been ignored due to the fact it costs money in the short term to fund a true "network" of scouts, i.e guys all over the world giving us a heads up on players. Our scouting network consists of Willie Mckay telling us who we could make a few quid on, Ewan Chester watching the EPL and the Championship for over-priced players, and of course picking the SPL cherries, of which there are none this year, unless you count Ross Mcormack. Are we linked with him? Are we fuck. The tims are. We're getting Mark Reynolds and Kenny Fucking Miller, as he has long been known to me. Granted we need to be patient and no doubt we will get one or two players we're reasonably happy about, but the "scouting" at Rangers has long been a gripe of mine.:brick:

As I've said before, we do not have a scouting "network" to speak of. For a team in our position in a European sense, it's nothing short ofhappy about, but the "scouting" at Rangers has long been a gripe of mine.:brick:

Best post I've seen in a long time. Rather than trying and failing to compete in the big money market we should be buying up potential from overseas and moving them on to the Barcas and Manu's when they develop. I wouldn't feel so bad about losing players then. Look at Africa. We once had a young lad from South Africa - name of Madigage - but it didn't work out. However, that was before Murray Park. Very few youngsters are going to walk straight into Fergie's team or Real's; in fact they could be stuck in the reserves for years. We, however, could give them first team football much earlier.

I think the RST, Rangers Assembly, whatever, should lobby SDM and demand a thorough overhaul of the scouting system. Be pro-active, not wait for the Arsenals to snap up promising young talent which isn't ready for the premiership. That is what the French clubs seem to be doing now.

It's horrifying to think that the Championship could be leaving us behind. The only other solution is to resurrect the Atlantic League idea, but that's for another time.

I Cant Believe Walter Actually Wants This Dick Back He Was At Celtic Last Season And What Was His Record 8 Goals In 30 Odd Games And That Was In A Championship Winning Team The Prick Is Pish And I For One Dont Want Him Anywhere Near Our Proud Club. And As For The Chest Pumping What Can I Say But A Fuckin Judas Cunt Get Him Tae Fuck!!!!!!!!!

From the Times.

Kenny Miller's return to Rangers has moved closer with the news the Derby striker is in talks with the Ibrox club.

ShitShitShitShitShitShitShitShitShit