Panic over! We've signed another defender

Guest PortGlasgow

Look forward to seeing him. Only thing that concerns me is, he was signed for �£2.5M from Sheff Wed then Charlton supposedly accepted a �£2M offer from West Brom? Why the drop in price and why is Charlton letting him go

Hemdani Sold Me On Gers

MADJID BOUGHERRA has revealed Rangers midfielder Brahim Hemdani sold him on a move to Ibrox.

Brahim HemdaniThe pair are team-mates in the Algerian national squad and Hemdani's powers of persuasion convinced his countryman to join the Light Blues.

Bougherra has signed a four-year deal at Ibrox and comes highly rated by Murray Park head of sport science Adam Owen, who worked with him at Sheffield Wednesday.

The 25-year-old is thrilled to have moved north to Gers from Charlton and is eager to make a good first impression.

Bougherra said: "I spoke to Brahim about coming here and he spoke very well about the club, the facilities and the fans.

"He pushed me to come here so I am very pleased I have signed for Rangers. They are a very big club and I want to get into the team quickly.

"Adam is someone else I know very well. He killed me every summer with the running he makes people do. He is a good guy and I am happy to be teaming up with him again."

Bougherra arrives in Glasgow as an unknown quantity to most Rangers fans but is someone Walter Smith believes can play a key role in his side.Madjid Bougherra and Martin Bain

Having seen the manager part with �£2.5million to secure his services, the man who can play in defence and midfield is out to prove his worth.

Bougherra added: "I came to football very late but I want to progress here and keep getting better. It is my dream to do good things for Rangers.

"I am a defender but can also play in midfield too and will be happy to play wherever I am picked.

"First of all, I want to come and play games but I know there are good defenders here so it will be hard. Hopefully I can move forward and learn from them."

Rangers' reputation was enhanced by their recent run to the UEFA Cup final but Bougherra's knowledge of the club stretches back further than last term.

Madjid BougherraHaving come up against them in his time with Guegnon, he knows the French-speaking players in Smith's squad too and should settle well within the group.

Bougherra, who could feature against Liverpool on Saturday, said: "I know Daniel Cousin and Jean-Claude Darcheville from playing against them in France.

"I saw Rangers do well in the UEFA Cup last season and they were unlucky to lose in the final.

"But I also knew about them when I played in France a few years ago. There are so many fans here and I am going to do my best for them.

"The team has done well in the Champions League and I have seen the atmosphere in the stadium during the derbies with Celtic.

"It looks fantastic and of course, I would love to be involved in those matches this season. I can't wait to start with the club."

Quote by PortGlasgow

Look forward to seeing him. Only thing that concerns me is, he was signed for �£2.5M from Sheff Wed then Charlton supposedly accepted a �£2M offer from West Brom? Why the drop in price and why is Charlton letting him go

Just because he didn't hit it off with one club doesn't mean he cannot succeed with another club or in this instance with us. Messrs McCoist and Hately can justify to that.

Bougherra has signed a four-year deal at Ibrox and comes highly rated by Murray Park head of sport science Adam Owen, who worked with him at Sheffield Wednesday.

Another feather in the cap of the scouting system.:sigh:

What about an attacking midfielder ??

We need someone to feed our 1 thousand strikers or our 1 thousand strikers will never score goals ?!?!?!?!

Is Walter going senile ?? Does he know what year it is ? What he had for breakfast ?

What about an attacking midfielder ??

We need someone to feed our 1 thousand strikers or our 1 thousand strikers will never score goals ?!?!?!?!

Is Walter going senile ?? Does he know what year it is ? What he had for breakfast ?

Don't you dare mention attacking on a Rangers forum boy!!;)

Welcome to the club Madjid. Looks a decent defender but as someone said Sheff Wed and Charlton!!

This one has certainly sprang out of nowhere.

But if he and Carlos are first choice Im baffled as to what Dailly, Webster, Weir, Broadfoot and even Hemdani are doing there.

With our squad you'd think the opposition goal was the half way line!! We have nothing in the attacking midfield sense.

Don't you dare mention attacking on a Rangers forum boy!!;)

I do apologise Pete, the ball has since gone back to Dailly, a short pass to Hemdani and now it has gone back to MacGregor. All that from our own corner......lol

;)