Panic over! We've signed another defender

Welcome to the club Madjid. Looks a decent defender but as someone said Sheff Wed and Charlton!!

This one has certainly sprang out of nowhere.

But if he and Carlos are first choice Im baffled as to what Dailly, Webster, Weir, Broadfoot and even Hemdani are doing there.

With our squad you'd think the opposition goal was the half way line!! We have nothing in the attacking midfield sense.

Be baffled no more. Dailly and Weir will soon yield to Old Father Time, Broadfoot will provide good cover at CB and Webster will be given more time to recover, if he ever does.

I think he's a good signing... Hopefully a midfielder to follow by next week. Loovens also likely to sign a pre-contract in January.

All of course suggests that IF we don't make it into the CL group stage, Cuellar will be moved on for the �£10million minimum fee. :(

Maybe everybody is being a bit too quick to criticise our signings,or lack of signings.There is still one whole month to go before this window closes,I for one refuse to believe Walter is finished with bringing in a couple of more players and think he will.

Rangers set to sign Cardiff defender Glenn Loovens

1/08/2008

Rangers boss Walter Smith is set to sign Cardiff City's powerful centre-half Glenn Loovens - but he will have to swap either Kris Boyd or Daniel Cousin to get his man.

Smith has stepped up his interest in Dutch defender Loovens, 24 and wants to close a �£2million deal ahead of the SPL season.

But Bluebirds chief Dave Jones is more interested in an exchange for Scotland striker Boyd - and would take Cousin too.

Rangers set to sign Cardiff defender Glenn Loovens

1/08/2008

Rangers boss Walter Smith is set to sign Cardiff City's powerful centre-half Glenn Loovens - but he will have to swap either Kris Boyd or Daniel Cousin to get his man.

Smith has stepped up his interest in Dutch defender Loovens, 24 and wants to close a �£2million deal ahead of the SPL season.

But Bluebirds chief Dave Jones is more interested in an exchange for Scotland striker Boyd - and would take Cousin too.

Surely this is a non starter due to Bougherra signing?

If not then the king must be on his way out as we don't need this much cover in defence surely?

What's the point in having the likes of Webster, Broadfoot, Weir and signing Dailly for another season?

I also hope it's cousin that'll be swapped before Boyd, but if he's behind the likes of JCD and Miller maybe he'd be better off moving on for his own sake.

If Loovens is still a target then i would seem the bad news about Carlos being sold would be true. Again this would be another club decision for the money the same as Hutton as Cuellar come out and said he is happy to stay.

I hope Ian is right that WS isnt finished in bringing players in, but my worry is qualifying for the CL and deadlines etc.

Never seen him play, but like someone said earlier, we needed another CB and we've got one now. The worrying part is the assertion in a few of the signing articles that he can play in midfield too. NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:ffs: