We need to maintain an air of reason and composure. We need to plan for discussions and ensure the correct people are involved. We then need to have said discussions. We need to form committees. We need to enter into consultations. We need to invite contributions. We need to analyse and formulate informed opinions.

FFS haven't you learned anything from your wasted years on the Rangers Supporters Trust? Years of weasel words and pointless posturing, words that achieved absolutely fark all when you really get down to it. No seat on any board to pose upon. No influence with those who run the club. No better treatment of fans. No better running of the club. No more success on the park. The RST can't even hold on to the tiny membership it managed to scrape together - and I say that as a life member and committed proponent of supporters trusts - hell it talked so much that in the end they couldn't even talk to each other any more. but why am I telling you what you already know?

What Rangers fans who cannot accept the status quo need to get into their heads is that change doesn't come about by distant debate and endless handwringing. It happens because people are prepared to turn up and do the uncomfortable things. Protest - not talking about protest and certainly not sitting across the table from those who urgently need to be pressurised right out of this club. In fact, I'm stunned to read this being suggested.

Just another personal opinion of course.

MF:

Of course I doubt if what I suggested would work. Given my own experiences, I'd be the first to say question it's suitability.

However, I feel there is no other current workable alternative.

Do you honestly think a few people protesting will create the change at the top table quickly?

Who organises these protests? Who decides their content? What are the aims? Who decides the aims? What happens if the aims are met? What happens if they don't?

MF:

Of course I doubt if what I suggested would work. Given my own experiences, I'd be the first to say question it's suitability.

However, I feel there is no other current workable alternative.

Do you honestly think a few people protesting will create the change at the top table quickly?

Who organises these protests? Who decides their content? What are the aims? Who decides the aims? What happens if the aims are met? What happens if they don't?

Not everything has to be micro managed. The next few weeks will see things emerge. In the way of these things it may not get off the ground immediately but there will be plenty opportunity to join in - for those who think it's important enough. I've waited years for the day people had their eyes opened about Murray and maybe, just maybe, that day is close enough to touch.

One thing I do know is that there will be no progress at Rangers without major changes and these will not happen by themselves.

Not everything has to be micro managed. The next few weeks will see things emerge. In the way of these things it may not get off the ground immediately but there will be plenty opportunity to join in - for those who think it's important enough. I've waited years for the day people had their eyes opened about Murray and maybe, just maybe, that day is close enough to touch.

One thing I do know is that there will be no progress at Rangers without major changes and these will not happen by themselves.

Of course it doesn't have to be micro-managed. More spontaneous action could be good for us all.

However, there still has to be aims, plans and organisation. Without that, we could cause more harm than good.

Like you say some people have waited a long time to achieve change at Rangers. Some have also worked very hard towards it. As such, I'm sure you'll agree it's vital that if genuine change is near we should maximise it's chance of success.

I'd be interested to hear what you think will emerge - privately if you prefer.

;)

Don't know of mob rules ever achieved anything constructive. The Romans built a huge empire on the back of having the most organised army with the clearest objectives and command structures. They easily defeated any spontaneous uprisings and barbarian attacks.

The fall of the empire was due to losing sight of their aims and clouding their objectives.

Of course it doesn't have to be micro-managed. More spontaneous action could be good for us all.

However, there still has to be aims, plans and organisation. Without that, we could cause more harm than good.

Like you say some people have waited a long time to achieve change at Rangers. Some have also worked very hard towards it. As such, I'm sure you'll agree it's vital that if genuine change is near we should maximise it's chance of success.

I'd be interested to hear what you think will emerge - privately if you prefer.

;)

There is one objective. To create a successful and inclusive Rangers.

There is one strategy. To allow change by pressurising David Murray to sell and leave.

No clutter, no blind alleys, no mixed messages, no Smith, no Bain, no sectional posturing (FF). Just in-your-face protest directed specifically and exclusively at Murray. No fretting about what comes after change - that is another issue and another process to deal with, it is not the matter at hand.

If we keep on doing this thing of worrying about the detail and the end game while we can't get off first base, we are never ever going to get that one thing that is an absolute prerequisite of better days - change at the top. The time for closer conssideration of the nature of change is when change is underway, not in advance of it.

This is taking shape among people you know, right now. It will probably take some time to gather momentum but like old Mao said, the first step is the doozy. After years of despair, I'm beginning to think we're getting there at last. I really hope so because this club was great before Murray and I would like to taste it again before I die.

Guest Arnold

There is one strategy. To allow change by pressurising David Murray to sell and leave.

No clutter, no blind alleys, no mixed messages, no Smith, no Bain, no sectional posturing (FF). Just in-your-face protest directed specifically and exclusively at Murray. No fretting about what comes after change - that is another issue and another process to deal with, it is not the matter at hand.

If we keep on doing this thing of worrying about the detail and the end game while we can't get off first base, we are never ever going to get that one thing that is an absolute prerequisite of better days - change at the top. The time for closer conssideration of the nature of change is when change is underway, not in advance of it.

This is taking shape among people you know, right now. It will probably take some time to gather momentum but like old Mao said, the first step is the doozy. After years of despair, I'm beginning to think we're getting there at last. I really hope so because this club was great before Murray and I would like to taste it again before I die.

Agree with you completely.

Micro-managing this or too much discussion with no action means it will never happen. The early days of change will always be very difficult and those involved won't be popular, but if it is the best option then it will gather momentum.

The fact that protesting is being discussed seriously amongst some Rangers fans is already massive progress. Murray's spin doesn't appear to be working this time which means the pressure will grow on him like never before. We'll see what happens on Saturday.

All sounds interesting and worthy of further investigation and debate.

However, I must admit I'm struggling to see how you can force change without having an alternative in place for like-minded people to buy into.

SDM wants to go and increasing numbers of fans agree that his time is up. As such, the protest side of things is becoming increasingly irrelevant. It's the offered alternative that's now important.

To say it isn't undermines any such group's credibility IMO. One just can't say change will improve things without evidence or alternatives. It may well force positive change and I sincerely hope it does but considering you complain of posturing by others, this very general protest group seems (initially at least) to be guilty of exactly the same.

You seem to be in the know with regard to who is involved and what plans are being discussed. As such, I hope you don't mind me asking a few very general and simple questions:

1. Who is involved in the group? Who is James Baillie?

2. Do you have high net worth backers capable of buying the club? A Fergus McCann if you like. If so, who?

3. How do you intend forcing Murray out given his 91.8% shareholding and apparent lack of available buyers?

4. What protest methods are under consideration? Do you have a time-line?

5. How does the group intend to obtain backing from the Rangers support?

6. What ideas do you have for reaching the apathetic majority?

I look forward to you explaining this. :)

Guest carter001
There are worse people than Murray out there. What are the plans to ensure that we don't end up with one of them?

I totally agree. Do we want the same to happen with our club as has happened at Hearts?

Everyone is shouting for murray to go but, seem to forget that he WANTS to go. I think after 20 years in charge, regardless of what people think of him, he deserves respect for wanting to leave the club in capable hands. I do not believe, as some suggest, that he has a total disregard for the club.

I will not be one of the ones protesting. Last season, entertaining football apart, was one of the best of my 33 years. We got to a European final and came very close to a domestic treble. I will never forget the tension of the penalty shoot out in Florence and the feeling when we went through to the final.

Yes, we don't have the quality players of years gone by but, for the most part we have good honest players that play the positions thay are told to play and they deserve our respect. Whether they are good enough is another matter.

We have had the good years chasing european glory and people complained of wasting the clubs money on mediocre over-priced players - We almost went to the wall because of it.

When they tried to get us back on a steady footing people complained of not spending enough - How do you win?

I was fortunate (yes, fortunate) to be in the company of Martin Bain at a recent away champions league qualifier. An irate rangers fan challenged him and said the club was a disgrace. Mr Bain stopped the guy and said that he had his full attention and gave the fan the opportunity to voice all of his concerns. The guy did not even offer ONE specific complaint.

There are many fans on this and other forums doing a lot of the shouting part but, here is a question -

What would you do if you were running the club?

Where would you raise funds from?

What would you do differently and how much would it cost to do differently?

I'd like to hear specifics.

Does anyone on this forum fully understand what is required in running a football club? I know I don't

We all know it is time for a change but, lets be realistic