The Rangers Supporters Trust have warned the club's chairman, Sir David Murray, that they expect a demonstration against the sale of Carlos Cuellar at today's game against Hearts.

Sir David accused those who suggest there is a conspiracy behind the sale of the defender of trying to cause "mayhem" at Ibrox. He insisted he and his fellow administrators did nothing wrong in agreeing to include a �£7.8m release clause in the player's contract when he joined from Osasuna last summer.

That clause was triggered by Aston Villa this week, with Cuellar choosing to leave rather than accept vastly improved terms. Some fans have demanded resignations and there are rumours of protests this afternoon.

An RST spokesman, David Edgar, said: "Sadly, I still believe there will be protests on Saturday. The RST are not in favour of it and will not encourage it, but I can see something unorganised happening."

But Sir David said: "I know there have been a lot of questions asked: 'Was he forced out the door?' etc, etc. But the clear fact is we sent out on the website an honest statement by the chief executive [Martin Bain] explaining the situation. But then people want to read into it and put their own twist on it; there's not a lot we can do."

Pedro Mendes will go straight into the Rangers squad after his �£3m move to Ibrox. But his fellow new recruit, the Spanish youngster Aaron Niguez Esclapez, will not be involved as he is short of match fitness. David Weir returns from suspension, but Nacho Novo is banned.

The Independent

I think yesterday's "event" outside Ibrox showed everyone that RSTFF won't be the source of any worthwhile protest and will remain as ineffective as ever. Wonder what MD was doing yesterday to further the cause of his much vaunted new militancy?

EDITED BY Frankie

That's not actually an answer to my question.

I didn't get an answer and asked for one and then you start putting words in my mouth. Where have I used the lack of response as a sign of weakness? All I'm doing is asking a question. Are they not to be encouraged?

I guess because I asked one you didn't like you have to start with the personal insults by saying I'm prepared to settle for mediocrity.

I'd have thought you would be trying to encourage people to join rather than having a go at them as soon as they make an enquiry.

Ok, let's play that game. You ask a question that you think is so insightful that not even the mental giants from the University of Cleverville could cope with. Being far less able myself, I struggle to compose an adequate response and then give up in despair, hoping against hope that you haven't noticed my embarrassed silence. Then you play your joker, grinding me into the dust by pointing out to the whole world that I deliberately failed to respond and must therefore be stoned to death. Game set and match to you and cue admiring posts from all quarters. Well done!

Phew, I enjoyed that. We really must do it more often.

In the meantime I'll just say that I thought the answer was so obvious that you must have intentionally slipped into irony. You asked "There are worse people than Murray out there. What are the plans to ensure that we don't end up with one of them?". Did you really believe that it was Maineflyer's responsibility to ensure Murray chose the best buyer for his shares? I tend to think that you need to direct your concerns to Dodgy Dave, since he alone is able to decide who he sells to. Not me, not you, probably not even the cute little guy who weeds his vine garden.

As for the reported personal insults, have you lost control of your underwear? I tend not to hand out insults but when I do there is seldom any ambiguity. Please point out exactly what insults you think have come your way - I'm genuinely intrigued why I'm not aware of them and I'd hate to think I'm enjoying myself without noticing. I'm also fairly concerned you should think you could attract my personal attention when that is as unlikely as an extremely unlikely thing.

Oh and I'd also prefer we didn't insult other Rangers supporters on here please...

It's obvious another Rangers site has problems with FF so please keep any of the crap for there. I'd much prefer Gersnet was a place where we can all have mature, reasonably intelligent debate without petty name-calling.

Oh and I'd also prefer we didn't insult other Rangers supporters on here please...

It's obvious another Rangers site has problems with FF so please keep any of the crap for there. I'd much prefer Gersnet was a place where we can all have mature, reasonably intelligent debate without petty name-calling.

What name calling was that?

What name calling was that?

The one where you brought the financial position of another Rangers fan into a debate where it isn't required. Hence the edited post.

The rules are simple enough here. I only request everyone follows them.

Let's stick to the debate in hand please.

I don't kow if it is name calling but you do seem to want to belittle everyone. a strange tactic when you seem to be calling for members to get onto your roundabout. just my opinion of course.

The one where you brought the financial position of another Rangers fan into a debate where it isn't required. Hence the edited post.

The rules are simple enough here. I only request everyone follows them.

Let's stick to the debate in hand please.

Ha ha, thought it was reasonably observational but fair enough and point duly taken.