Barry is a 1st pick

Craig,i'm not saying it is right if he walks straight back into the team,what I am saying is the players are all professional football players and will play when they are asked to play,how many players were upset when Cousin started against Celtic ?,but WS got the result and team selection spot on !!!,that's what counts.

Craig,i'm not saying it is right if he walks straight back into the team,what I am saying is the players are all professional football players and will play when they are asked to play,how many players were upset when Cousin started against Celtic ?,but WS got the result and team selection spot on !!!,that's what counts.

That is a fair point Ian, but if you were currently playing in our midfield and read in the papers that BF would be playing as soon as he is fit would you be happy to possibly be the player to drop out even if you had been playing well in a winning team ?

The Cousin thing I agree with but we played a different way that day and everyone knows that Cousin was the only striker we have to play that role effectively.

I want to see BF playing beside Mendes as I am sure we all do - but not as soon as he is fit at the expense of someone who is already playing and playing well. If someone goes off the boil then absolutely he should come back in but he shouldn't come back in if the midfield are playing well - if it ain't broke don't fix it !

What a strange thing to say. Regardless of what Walter thinks, that kind of story can't do anything good for team morale can it?

Yes. regardless of whether we agree or disagree with Walter's sentiments, it was very out of character for him to say something so blatantly incendiary in terms of dressing room harmony. Can't see how any good can come of it. If that's what he thinks then take Barry aside and whisper in his ear "Psst, your one of my favourites, son. I hope you don't mind though...I've had to drop Big Lee..."

That is a fair point Ian, but if you were currently playing in our midfield and read in the papers that BF would be playing as soon as he is fit would you be happy to possibly be the player to drop out even if you had been playing well in a winning team ?

The Cousin thing I agree with but we played a different way that day and everyone knows that Cousin was the only striker we have to play that role effectively.

I want to see BF playing beside Mendes as I am sure we all do - but not as soon as he is fit at the expense of someone who is already playing and playing well. If someone goes off the boil then absolutely he should come back in but he shouldn't come back in if the midfield are playing well - if it ain't broke don't fix it !

Sorry Craig i would rather see him playing for Hull City or Stoke.

I was being sarcastic about his injury but i don't think it is just last season he has been crap it is since his return from Blackburn.

He's had far more good patches than bad patches since his return.

He played well during the whole of 2007. Even during the second half of last season he was a massive loss when he didn't play.

Pre-Mendes we could see how much Barry was missed. I actually agree with BOTH sides of the argument here - those who are pro-Barry and those who want to see him punted. Competition for his place - and remember we could play Davis and Mendes in the centre - is just what's needed to settle the argument once and for all.

Game was crying out for Fergie today,on todays performance from our midfield BF should have no problem going straight back into the team

I thought that myself, and if you had asked me last week, I would say to drop Thomsomn to get him back in the team, but I thought Thomson did well today, and while I believe he should be in the team, it's difficult to know what our most effective midfield would be.