I'm on the fence too, he's not really one of the players I don't want to see in the team but nor does he inspire confidence. I'm erring slightly on his side due to his age and hoping he can improve - like Hutton and Broadfoot.

I definitely think he's currently a better choice than Lafferty who just hasn't got started at Ibrox, although to be fair he is a striker. And I'm glad that McCulloch is nowhere near that position now and gratified to hear he's playing ok as a centre back.

Maybe the criticism will spur him on like Hutton and Boyd to improve the weaknesses in

his game and come on some leaps and bounds.

From the evidence of this season and last, the only things wrong with Charlie Adam are that he can't pass, can't tackle, absolutely cannot take a corner kick, and has as much pace as a tortoise swimming through treacle. Other than that, I'm sure there is every reason for the emotional claptrap about him only being a boy and still developing. He's not a boy, he's a man with several seasons under his belt, who still cannot get even the basics right. Time to get off his back? Yes, it's time to start kicking his arse to see if he wants to take his place at this club seriously.

In my experience, players get the reaction from the supporters that they earn. When they play badly on a regular basis they deservedly get pelters. When they play well they get praised and idolised. It's not up to the fans to pander to players, it's up to players to earn the respect of the fans. When Hutton got criticised, it was because he was playing like a dork. When he played well, he was treated like a hero. On the whole, the fans never, ever lie about players.

As far as I'm concerned, Adam isn't good enough.

Yes, he shows the odd glimpse of talent and yes, he's given us the odd solid game. But, like many players he simply can't achieve consistency, full-fitness and genuine quality.

In fact, I'd say it's because of our continual reliance on players like Adam that we haven't won the title in three seasons. Harsh? Perhaps because he isn't to blame for all our woes but he's the perfect example of the questionable attitude and unacceptable inconsistency that blights our club.

In fact, I'd say it's because of our continual reliance on players like Adam that we haven't won the title in three seasons. Harsh? Perhaps because he isn't to blame for all our woes but he's the perfect example of the questionable attitude and unacceptable inconsistency that blights our club.

It's very harsh to highlight Adam for inconsistency when most of our players have the same problem, even the best of them that we'd like to consider as being 'quality players'.

I think Adam will become an excellent player whether it's playing for us or not. I've seen him playing excellent passing football & connecting really intelligently. Just because he doesn't do that all the time doesn't make him a donkey, because if that's the criteria for a donkey, then every player in our team is a donkey. No... in fact ALL FOOTBALLERS ARE DONKEYS!!! :fish:

I didn't blame Adam only. :D

I just said he was a good example of that inconsistency. And he is. But of course he's far from the only one. Only a few players have shown it in recent seasons. Usually they're sold on and we're left with the tried and tested semi-failures.

Like I say, we can all see Adam's good points. Unfortunately, more often than not they're outweighed by the bad.

The problem is that instead of ensuring we can replace him via signing a suitable new player we waste the money on players that appear no better or lack the same loyalty/belief from the manager.