Celtic 0 - Rangers 1

Rangers 2 - Celtic 0

Rangers 2 - VfB Stuttgart 0

Rangers 0 - Barcelona 0

Rangers 1 - Celtic 0

Rangers 2 - Werder Bremen 0

Celtic 2 - Rangers 4

:rolleyes:

I could have listed plenty more, but apparently performances against lesser opposition like Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibs, Motherwell etc. don't count for much these days. He has his off days or as Walter put it 'Charlie Adam moments' but personally I think he's really hard done by.

but apparently performances against lesser opposition like Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibs, Motherwell etc. don't count for much these days..

They do for Boyd, as thats all he scores against :)

But the lesser opposition you have mentioned arent what i would call the lesser sides. Id have Falkirk, Inverness, St Mirren and Hamilton as the lesser sides.

I find it funny that fans are complaining that Walter Smith doesn't play young players and he plays everyone out of position, then they say they'd rather Walter played a 30 year old out of position (Novo) at left midfield, rather than a 22 year in his natural position (Adam)...

I also remember another young player getting this kind of criticism who was kept in the team against many fans wishes and developed into a great right back who was sold for 9M.

I'm not saying that will happen with Adam but it shows how the knee jerk reactions from many fans can be very premature.

I don't think Adam is anywhere near the finished article yet, but he has definitely showed some promise and although he makes the odd gaff and has some poor games, he also has his good moments too. I've even made a point of watching him more closely during games on TV, to see if his vociferous levels of criticism are warranted and my conclusion would be, "No".

He's not usually spectacular or our best player by any means but he generally plays at an ok level and intermittently does some pretty good stuff. Plenty of players have been no better on the left, including McCulloch, Beasley and Novo, although the latter has had the odd exceptional game there.

It seems to me that he's become the scapegoat when ironically, if he never got a game he would probably be some mythical legend and cult hero - and some of his critics would be crying out for him to get a game...

We don't have many natural options at the moment at left midfield, with a fit and in form Beasley being the most likely fist choice. However the American has neither if those two attributes at the moment.

Stevie Smith did ok there but will not be back till next year and Thomson is also out for the long term. Novo is very inconsistent in his less than favoured side, seemingly doing best when coming on as a sub.

Lafferty has looked poor on the left which may have something to do with lack of fitness but it definitely doesn't look like a good position for him.

No-one wants to see McCulloch back there, as it's like being a player down, so who do we have left?

Seems to me, there's only one Charlie Adam... ;)

I find it funny that fans are complaining that Walter Smith doesn't play young players and he plays everyone out of position, then they say they'd rather Walter played a 30 year old out of position (Novo) at left midfield, rather than a 22 year in his natural position (Adam)...

An out of position, right footed 30 year old is way better than a 22 year old left footed player who plays in his natural position.

Charlie plays 2 good games in about 20. He's average at best and that's me being nice!

Stevie Smith did ok there but will not be back till next year

Sorry, meant Stephen Naismith there, their names are a bit similar...

However, Stevie Smith did play on the left of midfield a couple of times and didn't look too bad as I recall...

Sorry, meant Stephen Naismith there, their names are a bit similar...

However, Stevie Smith did play on the left of midfield a couple of times and didn't look too bad as I recall...

I am sure i have read that Stephen Naismith has started or will be starting training shortly.