From Awesome to Terrible

Really ? I thought Boyd had a chance to score a goal today, which would be more chances than Sebo had in his "wonderful" OF performance. You should go lie down Gribz, your head must be hurting :fish:

Take your anorak off Craig. Sebo was giving a different job/role - but thats right, you dont want to compare!

I wonder if Sebo would have planted Boyds chance today - i think id have scored it

:fish:

The only difference being that during those 76 "cardboard cutout" performances, he's scored 70 goals or something. But then those don't count unless they're against Celtic or in the CL and they're also the reason we've not been winning the league apparently.

My head hurts now and I've not even started drinking yet.

You hit the nail on the head!!!

How many league titles have we won since 2005??

But he's hardly ever played against Celtic or in the CL/UEFA Cup Gribz, so how can he score?! I've never understood that argument about Boyd's performance in the so-called big games. Besides, we only play Celtic 4 times a year in the league, so that's an awful lot of games against "diddy" teams that we still need to win surely?

Why have we not won the league recently? Apart from DM asset-stripping our club, we've simply not had good enough players or a good enough manager who is tactically aware. Take Boyd out of the team and we still wouldn't have won it. In fact we might even have ended last season with no trophies for example.

I just don't understand how removing someone who will guarantee you 20-30 league goals each season will improve the team? Especially when we simply don't have anyone else weighing in with goals on a regular basis.

Of course, some of that is down to the other problems caused by/related to our manager....

But he's hardly ever played against Celtic or in the CL/UEFA Cup Gribz, so how can he score?! in the so-called big games. Besides, we only play Celtic 4 times a year in the league, so that's an awful lot of games against "diddy" teams that we still need to win surely?

Why have we not won the league recently? Apart from DM asset-stripping our club, we've simply not had good enough players or a good enough manager who is tactically aware. Take Boyd out of the team and we still wouldn't have won it. In fact we might even have ended last season with no trophies for example.

I just don't understand how removing someone who will guarantee you 20-30 league goals each season will improve the team? Especially when we simply don't have anyone else weighing in with goals on a regular basis.

Of course, some of that is down to the other problems caused by/related to our manager....

Taking Boyd out the team doesnt mean we wont have someone who wont score goals - Wallace, Dodds, Negri, Novo, Prso have all done it in CHAMPIONSHIP winning teams!

People assume his goals win us things - when his play etc is part of our downfall - as you say he isnt a main culprite - Adam, Broadfoot, Whittake, Burke, plus previous donkeys have done this!!!!

Whos to say if we drop him for 30 games then Novo, Velicka, Lafferty etc wont step up during a run!!!

I've never understood that argument about Boyd's performance

Watch the game today? Yes he isnt being singled out but its another example!

I just don't understand how removing someone who will guarantee you 20-30 league goals each season will improve the team

As i said how dont you know someone else could step up yet offer that something extra!!!!

If in doubt blame Boyd ffs.......Miller was far worse than him today and should've been through on the keeper more than once from Boyds flick ons. Boyd wasn't great but was not the worse player on the park IMO but he always seems to get the blame if he doesn't score against the so called bigger teams. The keeper had a great save against him did he not? and don't goals against the rest of the league count!!!

We needed width today and to have a go at them we never end of story. WS played it safe and went out not to get beat but it went tits up. He is to blame IMO.......

Guest TrueBlue86

We could have been playing for another 2 hours and still not score against them, both teams were absolutely awful but the difference is that they tool their opportunity - we never. There was no heart, no pride, no passion, NO CLUE! That second half performance was the worst I've seen in any OF game and I struggle to think where we go from here, it's gonna be a long 6 months...

if its no title this season then its bye bye to smith & Co but i will prey and hope/wish and dream that i will have my pic taken with the spl trophy so please please please give me my wish/dream, because i cant and wont take ceptic winning 4 in a row!!!

Take your anorak off Craig. Sebo was giving a different job/role - but thats right, you dont want to compare!

I wonder if Sebo would have planted Boyds chance today - i think id have scored it

:fish:

What is with the "anorak" comment ? You have a go at Jon for not debating the points and make a completely irrelevant comment.

Let me see.... YOU were the one who used Sebo as a comparison - and then you say he had a different role to play, thereby effectively retracting the comparison of the two.

You want an answer ? NO, I don't think Sebo would have scored it because he is SHITE - a far worse player than Boyd, of that there is no doubt.

Then your large font, bold quote from ascender - well, Boyd is certainly a part of the reason we havent won the title since 2005 but he isnt the main culprit, regardless of what you think. He has contributed an enormous amount of goals to this team whilst no-one else looks like contributing goals consistently. But all you want is a scapegoat and Boyd is that man - lets forget the fact he has been one of our best players over the last couple of months - one game today and the knives are out - how short-term can you get ? Mendes is "class" yet had been pish for 2 months after the last OF game and got ZERO abuse from you.

Then, as for your Wallace, Dodds, Negri, Prso, Novo etc etc etc comment. Sure they all contributed goals but each of those players had better quality support from their midfield for the most part. Boyd can only work on the service he gets and our team has been pish for a long time yet Boyd is still the only one banging in goals. Would Novo chip in with 25 goals this season ? Doubtful. Prso ? Probably not.

By the way, you are actually MORE anti-Boyd than Jon is pro-Boyd.