Rangers consider loan move for David Healy

Hemdani was the best of a very bad bunch though in that season.

I dont think we have enough creativity in our midfield, that is where our problem is - and Hemdani doesnt provide that. We need some creativity and then play that person beside either Mendes or Ferguson.

Hemdani is decent but he would get overrun by players with pace and directness

Some common sense at last.

It wasn't that Hemdani was particularly good that year (in the SPL at any rate) it was that the rest were particularly poor.

And as you state, it is not the attributes he could bring that are missing from our game.

All these conspiracy theories about players who aren't getting a game are ridiculous. In most cases, they don't play because they aren't good enough for the first XI.

With Mendes, Ferguson and Thomson playing regularly for two places in midfield, Hemdani doesn't even warrant a squeak of a mention. The centre of midfield doesn't need much discussion unless one of those three leaves or either Barry or Pedro get injured.

Even then Davis and Edu are probably better shouts than a guy who just doesn't fit the bill and will be highly unlikely to play for us again.

It's the defence and left midfield that needs sorting.

I wonder if something behind the scenes has happened with hemdani as i seem to remember he was getting used as a centre half in europe a couple of seasons back and i cant remember him doing to much wrong. he is a big lad and was fairly good in the air. his distribution has always been good and is a good reader of the game, so when big boughy got injured he couldve been brought in, but no instead of using him we plump for lee mculloch. its all a bit strange but i suppose its just the norm for us nowadays.

he is a big lad and was fairly good in the air

Not from what I remember... very capable passer of the ball, and very inteligent and consistent footballer.

Bizarre about the choice of playing lee McC... we also had daily sitting picking up his wage, and although i am still raging with his attempt at chesting the ball in lithuainia, surely a centre half of his experience would get in b4 a central/left mid-striker??

Cant agree one bit with the suggestion that Hemdani is either a "big lad" or "good in the air" - I have rarely seen him even CHALLENGE for a header, let alone win any. And a "big lad" for me suggests someone physical, Hemdani certainly is NOT a physical player. If you mean tall, he doesnt seem that tall but I havent looked at his stats to know for sure.

He didn't do much wrong but I am sorry, the idea of a snail-like Weir beside an almost similar paced Hemdani sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it.

Can't agree on all this Hemdani for CB talk

in the SPL both centre backs have to be great headers of the ball. Hemdani is not good enough in the air to play CB. He may have done ok in Europe (and I mean ok, by no means outstanding), but the SPL is a totally different ball game

It appears commen-sense, for the most part is prevailing here.

Whilst in an ideal world perhaps football would only be played by technically and tactically gifted players.

In reality the physical attributes, or lack thereof, of Hemdani means he would get terrorised by SPL attackers. Look at the trouble even Boogie and Weir can have with a physical striker and then imagine Hemdani!!!!