Predict the Rangers PotY for Season 09/10

With the first game of the new season already upon us (even if it is a friendly), let's see who everyone thinks will be our Player of the Year for this season...

Leading contenders may be McGregor/Alexander, Thomson, Bougherra, Davis and Boyd. Or will you go for a Mr Reliable like Papac, Novo, Whittaker or Weir? Perhaps one of the younger players like Fleck, Edu, Lafferty or Naismith will grab their opportunity?

Who are you going with?

Somewhat controversially, I'm going to go with Pedro Mendes for next season. I was a bit disappointed with his overall contribution last term but I think he'll benefit from playing alongside a settled midfield this term and with the extra games in Europe, he'll find a higher level of consistency than he did last season. :whistle:

I'm going for Lafferty, on the proviso that Smith plays him consistently up front.

Oooh, sticking your neck out there mate!

Must admit I reckon the big man has everything when playing at the top of his game. The match where he got injured against Hearts last season was the best 45 mins I've seen from a 'Gers forward in a long time.

Like you say though, he has to play up front. Unfortunately, unless we go with a 3 man strike-force he may find his chances limited if Miller stays fit and Boyd keeps scoring.

I will go for Boyd, again.

If he stays fit and plays in a 4-4-2, he will again break the 30 goal mark for the season.

The improvement to his overall game last season was admirable, as was his decision to turn down a pay rise and a transfer to Brum, and this season we could see even more from him.

Other contenders for me will hopefully be Bougherra, Whittaker, and Davis.

I'll go for Whittaker, he's shown flashes of genius, which if he can reproduce regularly, while improving his defensive duties and workrate, could turn out to be better than Hutton. He needs to read the game a lot better though, which is the one aspect Hutton really demonstrated during his rise to stardom.

I agree with Frankie in expecting Mendes to have a far better season now that he's settled in.

I'm also hoping for an improvement from Davis and Lafferty, who showed great potential while not really delivering their full ability.

Thomson is another great candidate if he can quickly get back the form of last season.