i dont get all this agro pointed at loyds. it was the bank of scotland that hit the wall with loyds having to pick up the pieces. fred the shred is the man you should complain to.

Fred the Shred was the boss of RBS, not HBOS.

Agreed, the publicity in the press is worth a lot of banners draped at Ibrox.

Here's a thing though - while I'm as concerned about the conduct of Lloyds as the next guy, there's a part of me that feels there's a profound need for someone to inject some realism and prudence into the Rangers management. Some of the spending decisions at Ibrox these last few years have been so wasteful that I don't think I'd trust the old regime either. I'd do exactly what Lloyds have done and get someone on to the board who would stop the absurd profligacy we've had to suffer in the past.

I think most would agree on your point about realism and prudence. However when the bank's behaviour limits our ability to keep the likes of Boyd then it should be quite rightly criticised by our support.

However the real reason for today's protests isn't really about their behaviour with Rangers.

i dont get all this agro pointed at loyds. it was the bank of scotland that hit the wall with loyds having to pick up the pieces. fred the shred is the man you should complain to.

Lloyds are the ones who have put the spending restrictions in place and prevented us from offering the likes of Boyd new contracts earleir in the season.

Let's just hope we can get through this game and really put the pressure on the manky mob , as there will be more press pressure next week as the Record are furious that Mowbary has carried on with the lying quotes when he knows full well he is in the wrong , and it may be them that consult lawyers

I think most would agree on your point about realism and prudence. However when the bank's behaviour limits our ability to keep the likes of Boyd then it should be quite rightly criticised by our support.

However the real reason for today's protests isn't really about their behaviour with Rangers.

I don't disagree with you. In the circumstances, the bank is right to ensure sound financial management but it cannot be the bank's job to dictate how acceptable expenditure is directed. Only the board can do that.

If Lloyds is effectively running the club - and I don't know that to be the case - then several things follow. The first is that the current board should either resign en masse or sort it out to the benefit of the club. Secondly, if the directors do neither then they should be the first target of the fans' anger. Thirdly, whatever the actions of the directors, the fans should adopt whatever opportunity presents itself to directly attack Lloyds.

It's probably just me being wrapped up in other matters at the moment but remind me, apart from keyboard rumours what actual evidence is there that the bank is indeed dictating who is sold/bought or what wages are paid at Rangers?

As RBR says above, the most important thing today is to take three points. However, I also hope this is the start at last of a long-overdue willingness of fans to engage in proactive protest. Given the lacklustre and confused performance of the RST and Assembly, no one is going to speak for us in these matters. The stands at ibrox will need to do their own talking if they ever want this club to listen.