rbr:

Last month, in the wake of the Duffy fiasco, I said it would be agreeable that people in receipt of reliable information would be better advised keeping quiet and especially refraining from releasing tit-bits via subjective opinions on internet forums. Silence is much more professional and I was glad to see that happened for a few weeks at least. Ergo, like you, I was hoping the issue was progressing well, advice was being taken, consultations between all parties positive and patience advocated for the plebs excited by the unofficial stuff we'd read elsewhere.

Unfortunately, we're now back to unofficial rumour-mongering, fan reps contradicting themselves, and those plebs asking fair questions and/or raising doubts accused of hysteria.

This comes out of banners being organised by people who've yet to raise their head publicly and involve us all in the debate. I'm not being overly-critical here as I know the situation is unusual and our support infamously fickle but we need to know more so we can all form our own opinions based on facts - not hearsay.

It is not a great advertisement for Supporter participation in the ownership of the Club. You pay your money and unless you are in the loop, you get told only what they think you should know. We know what is happening, trust us, is not what I would want to hear if I have invested money.

It is not a great advertisement for Supporter participation in the ownership of the Club. You pay your money and unless you are in the loop, you get told only what they think you should know. We know what is happening, trust us, is not what I would want to hear if I have invested money.

But hey, you're forgetting the old RST/FF motto .......... in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

If they share their precious gossip with you then you will have the same status as them. Which isn't what this game is about, old bean.:)

While one may be critical of the supporters organisations for not looking to improve/widen their contribution, I think the same criticism should be reserved for those behind any bid for the club.

I see knowledgeable people right across the online community asking similar questions and holding similar doubts but they're either patronised or dismissed by those 'in the know' which is rather worrying.

People are not airing their doubt because they are hysterical or in the huff because they're not involved but simply because they want something tangible to buy into and are excited for a new future. The lack of effort to engage professionally with the support is somewhat disheartening but I guess patience is a virtue.

I'd again contend the buyer (or his close, credible associates) should be looking to lead front in this regard to remove the communication obstacles in our way.

Guest barry221

Donald muir is going out his way to piss off or put blockers on any potential investors bidding for the club as well as stippin the club to the bare bones if thing keep going they way they are there wont be much of the rangers left .The sooner the fans unite AND PROTEST AGINST THE BANK AND MUIR THE BETTER !

As for any potential invetors what you have to remember is there s guys have to think long and hard before making any bids for the club ,its a big ask taking over a club like Rangers along wth dealling with all ther other interests. There family life will be thrown into the public domain ,which if your a rangers man and you and your family go to every game and sit with the punters is a lot to throw away as it couldnt happen and im sure they would more than likely get flak from certain quarters.

There also not daft and will try not to let ther heads rule there hearts and pay way over the odds for what the bank is selling there other debts for and having dealing with the banks reguarly they will know the going rate.

just my take on it

watp

Barry 221

Donald muir is going out his way to piss off or put blockers on any potential investors bidding for the club as well as stippin the club to the bare bones if thing keep going they way they are there wont be much of the rangers left .The sooner the fans unite AND PROTEST AGINST THE BANK AND MUIR THE BETTER !

As for any potential invetors what you have to remember is there s guys have to think long and hard before making any bids for the club ,its a big ask taking over a club like Rangers along wth dealling with all ther other interests. There family life will be thrown into the public domain ,which if your a rangers man and you and your family go to every game and sit with the punters is a lot to throw away as it couldnt happen and im sure they would more than likely get flak from certain quarters.

There also not daft and will try not to let ther heads rule there hearts and pay way over the odds for what the bank is selling there other debts for and having dealing with the banks reguarly they will know the going rate.

just my take on it

watp

Barry 221

The problem that some have is that they don't know who the consortium are and what their plans are for the club. How do the support know what they are going to get?

If the sole argument is "we must be better than life under Muir" then it's not going to get much support.

How do we know that they are not just wanting to pay �£18m for the club and then sell Murray park and repay that �£18m to themselves?

The going rate for debt in companies that are still trading and have saleable assets exceeding the debt tends to be one to one.

Any idea why anyone would liquidate a perfectly viable going concern that pays its debts.

I was thinking that myself. It wouldn't make any sense for a bank to liquidate a company that it's making serious money out of through interest payments on the debt & credit facilities. Different story if agreements weren't being met, but even then at a worst case scenario there's probably assets that could be sold to avoid any liquidation or administration, not to mention plenty Rangers men with the money to bail the club out in a total emergency.