Donald muir is going out his way to piss off or put blockers on any potential investors bidding for the club as well as stippin the club to the bare bones if thing keep going they way they are there wont be much of the rangers left .The sooner the fans unite AND PROTEST AGINST THE BANK AND MUIR THE BETTER !

As for any potential invetors what you have to remember is there s guys have to think long and hard before making any bids for the club ,its a big ask taking over a club like Rangers along wth dealling with all ther other interests. There family life will be thrown into the public domain ,which if your a rangers man and you and your family go to every game and sit with the punters is a lot to throw away as it couldnt happen and im sure they would more than likely get flak from certain quarters.

There also not daft and will try not to let ther heads rule there hearts and pay way over the odds for what the bank is selling there other debts for and having dealing with the banks reguarly they will know the going rate.

just my take on it

watp

Barry 221

With respect, you'll find that Gersnet (via Bluedell) were the first site to highlight the possibility of causing Muir problems at the club AGM in December. Bizarrely, despite him posting about this elsewhere, no-one united behind that message - deciding to leave it a couple of weeks before repackaging it as a Trust AGM tactic. Of course we want to unite and work together with other sections of the support but other key elements do not want that.

Neither do I think anyone is questioning the honesty or intentions of any potential buyer. We're simply asking for more detail in why we should be backing them. Moreover, if they are indeed serious about buying the club, then of course unwanted attention will be brought on them personally. Some negative but, as SDM found, some positive which should help their own profile - personally and in business.

Similarly, if they are that worried about personal flak from going public, why are they happy to let others take the flak on their behalf by organising banners and giving quotes to the media?

I'd contend the Rangers support are eager to see a new era at the club. I don't think we expect tens of millions of pounds to be pumped into it but we would like to see a new era of prudence and efficiency while retaining our competitive edge by being able to sign and keep a good standard of player. Furthermore, as the sole biggest investors into the club year on year, we'd like more of a say in how it is run and are prepared to pay for this privilege.

Those are reasonable expectations I'm sure you'll agree. As such, if potential investors want us to back them, then they should back us by showing us what they have to offer.

Edited by Frankie

Any idea why anyone would liquidate a perfectly viable going concern that pays its debts.

I would think any bank would prefer to bankrupt a company if that would allow it to recover all debts, than to take 60p in the pound.

It doesn't mean the bank will do it, but it does mean it won't accept 60p in the pound.

I was thinking that myself. It wouldn't make any sense for a bank to liquidate a company that it's making serious money out of through interest payments on the debt & credit facilities. Different story if agreements weren't being met, but even then at a worst case scenario there's probably assets that could be sold to avoid any liquidation or administration, not to mention plenty Rangers men with the money to bail the club out in a total emergency.

It depends how reliable it sees the repayments in the long term when the parent company is danger of going under.

Different story if agreements weren't being met, but even then at a worst case scenario there's probably assets that could be sold to avoid any liquidation or administration, not to mention plenty Rangers men with the money to bail the club out in a total emergency.

That's pretty much my point - the bank have no need to accept 60p in the pound when they are in a strong position to get more.

The problem for the bank is that if we win the SPL, then we qualify for the CL so we will be able to meet our debt obligations to them. However, if we lose the SPL and if the Scottish Euro co-efficient decreases further then the CL money becomes improbable and their chances of recouping their debt reduced - or delayed at best.

As such, while the debt may be been restructured suitably for the moment, whose to say the situation won't be re-examined to our detriment in the summer. The scenario of selling key assets (be it players or cement and mortar) is never that far away.

Seems to me that we need to budget to break even for a scenario of 2nd in the league and out of Europe and both cups in the first ties.

Then any profits for doing better than that can be ring fenced to reduce debt, capital investments, and of course player purchases.

The question is, can we do that and remain competitive?

The problem for the bank is that if we win the SPL, then we qualify for the CL so we will be able to meet our debt obligations to them. However, if we lose the SPL and if the Scottish Euro co-efficient decreases further then the CL money becomes improbable and their chances of recouping their debt reduced - or delayed at best.

As such, while the debt may be been restructured suitably for the moment, whose to say the situation won't be re-examined to our detriment in the summer. The scenario of selling key assets (be it players or cement and mortar) is never that far away.

I think thats the plan. I believe the bank wanted to put in place a plan for this transfer window and the board rejected it but it WILL come into force in the summer should we still be in this state of flux.

I'm not sure how much the CL money matters too much in this as pre-summer cull we required this money to pretty much just break even. Things will be different now as you say.

At the start of this season I was advocating 2 further seasons of winning the league and (hopefully) gaining CL entry and spending minimally to see our debt be hammered down to approx �£5million. If we didn't have a new owner by the summer (which we will in the next few weeks imo) then the bank wouldn't look at this from a footballing sense (ie reduce the debt by competing and gaining prize money), it would just be a summer auction.

I think thats the plan. I believe the bank wanted to put in place a plan for this transfer window and the board rejected it but it WILL come into force in the summer should we still be in this state of flux.

I'm not sure how much the CL money matters too much in this as pre-summer cull we required this money to pretty much just break even. Things will be different now as you say.

At the start of this season I was advocating 2 further seasons of winning the league and (hopefully) gaining CL entry and spending minimally to see our debt be hammered down to approx �£5million. If we didn't have a new owner by the summer (which we will in the next few weeks imo) then the bank wouldn't look at this from a footballing sense (ie reduce the debt by competing and gaining prize money), it would just be a summer auction.

What's the source for all this information? Is it rumour-mongering from the consortium trying to scare the support into just accepting them?

The bid put in by Dave King, Paul Murray and two as yet unnamed investors. The other two I've been told are possibly our current chairman and another who I have absolutely no info on. I only know his surname is Masterston.

I'm just passing on what I've heard and yes the majority of it is from Follow Follow but it comes from some people who haven't been wrong in the past, have decent enough connections and also from some who haven't posted it on the board but have heard from other sources.