Transfer Deadline Day Rumour and Movement Thread

Lets not forget though that we only need to win our own games (we can even afford to lose both remaining OF games...) to retain the league.

THEY are spending a LOT of money this transfer window. Whilst Keane signing for them is a worry the money they are spending this transfer window is also a very definite gamble on their part.

If we can hold out and win the league then the financial difference between them and us will have largely diminished and would, quite possibly, be very even.

Keane is a quality, quality striker - but their defence still leaks goals and who knows whether they will be any better with who they have added.

Worrying that they are getting someone of such quality, but we only need look after our own games, keep winning and the SPL is ours. Simples.

Keane is good on his game but is very inconsistent IMO.

Someone on the BBC summed it up for me:

"If he is a player that so many seem keen to have in their squad, why is it that Robbie Keane is unable stay at a club for more than a season or two?"

Keane would be the best striker in Scotland, no doubt about it.

However, in two weeks time, the most PROLIFIC striker in Scotland will resume his position spearheading Rangers attack (albeit possibly only for a couple more months).

Our defence rarely gives goals away and with Boyd we have someone who scores with regularity. That will so for me.

Optimistic Loyal.

Anyone remember Steven MacLean? If it's the boy I'm thinking of was a decent wee striker that did well on loan but never got his shot in the first team.... On loan to Aberdeen for the rest of the season from Plymouth. If it's the wrong boy I apologise for the useless post!

This reminds me a lot of when they signed Bellamy. Keane is simply too good for the SPL and will run riot up here. Thank god we have a 7 point lead as if we were trailing, today probably would've killed us off.

Aye, think we can get Barry back to make the difference like last time. :devil:

No doubt he could be a huge player for them. Top quality. But that doesn't fix their defence midfield. And they can only play a couple of their dozens of strikers in any one game.

Hopefully this signing will stop our squad becoming complacent as I think that is our biggest threat right now.