Transfer Deadline Day Rumour and Movement Thread

Regarding the Robbie Keane loan deal -

1. It's not signed and sealed.

2. If they get him on loan till the summer that's all it will be because -

3. They couldn't afford to buy him and -

4. They can't afford his wages for very long.

Which all in all means he isn't the answer to all their woes. If he signs then fine, we'll deal with that, but he hasn't signed yet & as has been mentioned, they've just sold their best goal scorer to WGS @ Boro.

Also (FWIW) if you look at the average goal scoring records of their strikers including the new ones, it's nothing major to worry about since their averages are very poor. Any of their new strikers could start banging in goals and be a hit, but it's just as likely that none of them will & that there's absolutely nothing to worry about.

Rangers don't need & can't afford to waste money panic signing & buying players we don't need.

This is the one thing that we should all focus on. The reality of our situation is that we dont have the money to go out and make a bunch of signings. I don't believe we need them anyway as we have enough in our suqad to dispose of most of the SPL.

I can understand people being pissed off at us not signing anyone when the Tims get someone of Keane's stature - however, you reap what you sow and we are currently suffering due to financial mismanagement from years goneby - but back then it was US that were signing these high-calibre players (Laudrup, Gascoigne et al) whilst the Tims were in meltdown over it.

And what happened since then ? We are now in financial meltdown because of it. If Celtic dont win the league (heaven forbid) then these plethora of signings could prove to be a miscalculated risk of huge proportions. Even though only loan deals you have to suspect that Spurs would have demanded a loan fee for Keane and then you also have wages to consider.

They are spending a TON of money and that doesnt include the cash they spent on Mowbray, Venus and Grant. If they don't win the league they HAVE to be in a position of seeing their debt rise, which would even the financial footing of the OF.

For me the signing of Keane looks like a last roll of the dice from Lawell to appease the hooped hordes - especially when you see the number of empty seats at Parkhead on match days. A quality player and one of "them" Keane undoubtedly is but he cant guarantee them success.

Celtic need to win 3 games that we only pick up 1 point from

I don't believe we'll lose both OF games, in fact i highly fancy us to beat them at Ibrox, so we're still in a healthy position

Put much more succinctly than I could - but that is exactly what I have been getting at.

Why all the pessimism none of there new signings have kicked a ball for them yet and you have the usual mob panicking.Remember our saying KEEP BELIEVING.They have to prove themselves we just have to keep playing as we have been and the title is ours

If only it really was as simple as saying we just need to win our remaining games against everyone who isn't Celtic.

That includes another trip to Pittodrie where we've not won in 5 centuries, plus the obligatory slip ups against mediocre opposition.

Yes, if we win all our non OF games we win the league.

But we're not going to win every single match. Not going to happen.

Neither will THEY. I would put money on it.

A mate just text me saying Celtic are paying half (�£65,000 a week) of Keane's 130k wages

Anyone heard similar?

Fuck me !!!! A HUGE financial gamble if true - and one which will undoubtedly annoy some of their other players on far lesser wages.

Incredible - Desmond must be ponying up the cash for that, no ?