Transfer Deadline Day Rumour and Movement Thread

Anyone remember Steven MacLean? If it's the boy I'm thinking of was a decent wee striker that did well on loan but never got his shot in the first team.... On loan to Aberdeen for the rest of the season from Plymouth. If it's the wrong boy I apologise for the useless post!

it's the same guy.

he scored for scunthorpe when he went on loan and got sold to sheff wed where he done ok.

think he got few injuries and never done much at cardiff or plymouth........

decent player but was never good enough for us IMO........

it's the same guy.

he scored for scunthorpe when he went on loan and got sold to sheff wed where he done ok.

think he got few injuries and never done much at cardiff or plymouth........

decent player but was never good enough for us IMO........

Steven scored a great goal in a friendly match against Linfield and the fans were desperate for Eck to give him a chance. Sadly he was loaned out to Scunthorpe about 2 weeks later and never returned

Steven scored a great goal in a friendly match against Linfield and the fans were desperate for Eck to give him a chance. Sadly he was loaned out to Scunthorpe about 2 weeks later and never returned

Yeah - I thought I remembered him having a good preseason but not getting a shot. Well good luck to him, especially against the tims.

Not that what celtic does should make too big a difference... but it would be hard not to feel a little down that they seemed to have brought in plenty of new players while we struggle to add anything to a squad that has lost 2 first teamers (granted one was utter pish and the other has been injured most of the season) as well as 3 youngsters going away on loan...

Here's hoping for something to sneek in under the radar!

Yeah - I thought I remembered him having a good preseason but not getting a shot. Well good luck to him, especially against the tims.

Not that what celtic does should make too big a difference... but it would be hard not to feel a little down that they seemed to have brought in plenty of new players while we struggle to add anything to a squad that has lost 2 first teamers (granted one was utter pish and the other has been injured most of the season) as well as 3 youngsters going away on loan...

Here's hoping for something to sneek in under the radar!

I can see what you're saying, but they sold most their squad to do it.

Would you be happy selling Boyd, Davis Boogie etc to gamble on a lot of untested players plus one "star" loan signing?

It may work for them. It may backfire spectacularly.

as well as 3 youngsters going away on loan...

Sorry to be pedantic mate, but it's actually standing at 4 'youngsters' allowed/sent out on loan now in this window -

Shinnie - Dundee

Loy - St Mirren

Lennon - Lincoln City

Emslie - Peterhead

We should have kept Loy IMO & in fact, he should have been getting some time on the pitch for us, but we need to give Lafferty a chance because we paid nearly �£4m for him.