Transfer Deadline Day Rumour and Movement Thread

I still think its a little sign of desperation to sign so many players in the final day of the window.

it could work out for them but I doubt it and as you say to sign so many on the final day and let one of their top strikers go as well seems desperate and doesn't make sense to me. i did see SSN there and the fans are celebrating like they have won the league or signed a world class player :flash: and seemingly their title odds have been cut also..........

monkey heid could be out of a job soon :whistle:

Edited by johnnyk

it could work out for them but I doubt it and as you say to sign so many on the final day and let one their top strikers go as well seems desperate and doesn't make sense to me. i did see SSN there and the fans are celebrating like they have won the league or signed a world class player :flash: and seemingly their title odds have been cut also..........

monkey heid could be out of a job soon :whistle:

If he doesn't win tomorrow against a team that haven't beat them in years then its tatty bye after all this bringing players in :D.

and seemingly their title odds have been cut also..........

Bookies don't gamble, they're opportunists. Cutting the odds on them winning the title is just to entice more mopes to gamble their money, but has no real bearing on the reality of the situation IMO.

Bookies don't gamble, they're opportunists. Cutting the odds on them winning the title is just to entice more mopes to gamble their money, but has no real bearing on the reality of the situation IMO.

totally agree and you just know the simple tims will fall for it :giruy:

Neither will THEY. I would put money on it.

I agree with you. The point is you cannot talk in terms of 'if we win all our games' etc because it's not going to happen. They won't either, indeed, who knows how the league will finish.

But both sides will drop points and there will probably be at least 2 more mini crises for each club before the end of the season.

What I am saying is there are no black and whites regarding what will or won't happen - so talking in such terms seems futile.

I agree with you. The point is you cannot talk in terms of 'if we win all our games' etc because it's not going to happen. They won't either, indeed, who knows how the league will finish.

But both sides will drop points and there will probably be at least 2 more mini crises for each club before the end of the season.

What I am saying is there are no black and whites regarding what will or won't happen - so talking in such terms seems futile.

I agree completely. The point I was trying to make though was that it really shouldnt matter who they sign because the players they do sign will only play against us twice, with maximum points gained of 6 - we are 7 ahead.

It IS futile to be talking this way - but all we have heard today is how Celtic will catch us, will win the league etc - in the cold light of day that COULD happen - but if we do the job that we are CAPABLE of then we will/should win the league.

Given what you say (and I think you actually agree with me - could be wrong :D ) what matters is where we stand and what we have. We are at least 7 clear which is effectively 3 games - there are only 15 games left - so we need to lose 2 and draw 1 to give Celtic a chance of getting back into this league - and that includes them winning the 2 OF games. There is no reason we cant win one or both of the OF games coming up. We havent turned up in the first 2 and are due a performance. If we do win one of those games then it extends the number of games they have to play catch up with.

What I will say is that I am less certain of us winning the league this evening than I was this morning. But the fact remains that if Rangers put the other teams in the SPL to the sword as they are more than capable of then it will matter not one jot who Celtic have signed.

The Tims obviously now believe that Keane will lead them on a 15/16 game winning streak. I doubt that will happen.

Let them have their day in the sun - the trophies are given out in May, not February.

I agree completely. The point I was trying to make though was that it really shouldnt matter who they sign because the players they do sign will only play against us twice, with maximum points gained of 6 - we are 7 ahead.

It IS futile to be talking this way - but all we have heard today is how Celtic will catch us, will win the league etc - in the cold light of day that COULD happen - but if we do the job that we are CAPABLE of then we will/should win the league.

Given what you say (and I think you actually agree with me - could be wrong :D ) what matters is where we stand and what we have. We are at least 7 clear which is effectively 3 games - there are only 15 games left - so we need to lose 2 and draw 1 to give Celtic a chance of getting back into this league - and that includes them winning the 2 OF games. There is no reason we cant win one or both of the OF games coming up. We havent turned up in the first 2 and are due a performance. If we do win one of those games then it extends the number of games they have to play catch up with.

What I will say is that I am less certain of us winning the league this evening than I was this morning. But the fact remains that if Rangers put the other teams in the SPL to the sword as they are more than capable of then it will matter not one jot who Celtic have signed.

The Tims obviously now believe that Keane will lead them on a 15/16 game winning streak. I doubt that will happen.

Let them have their day in the sun - the trophies are given out in May, not February.

Ben trying to say that all night,it's our title to give away and I can't see us doing that.