The Boyd situation

For someone who has paid such a significant interest in the current financial plight of our club you are the last person I would have thought who would put this one at Smith's feet.

Smith isnt involved in contract dealings, it is done by Bain (apparently....) so just what CAN Walter do to stop a player from saying he is happy to stay or happy to go ??? Just what can he do to convince said player to stay other than ask him to do so, especially when WS isnt involved in contract negotiations nor can he control the ambitions or desires of the players ??

Sorry I see where I have been going wrong, Smith says I want to sign player X and I want player Z to get a new contract, baldy Bain says sorry Wattie you're no gettin either to much money, you'll have to lower your sights, as for players who are still under contract aka Boogie, Wattie can tell them tae shut the fek up in public about their employ, after all aren't agents payed to stir the shit. So I stand corrected and will fire future salvos in the direction of baldy Bain....the megabucks pieman and the Puppet master's enforcer. :whistle:

Sorry I see where I have been going wrong, Smith says I want to sign player X and I want player Z to get a new contract, baldy Bain says sorry Wattie you're no gettin either to much money, you'll have to lower your sights, as for players who are still under contract aka Boogie, Wattie can tell them tae shut the fek up in public about their employ, after all aren't agents payed to stir the shit. So I stand corrected and will fire future salvos in the direction of baldy Bain....the megabucks pieman and the Puppet master's enforcer. :whistle:

How do you know WS hasnt done exactly that and that Bougherra has simply ignored him ?

Things arent always as black and white as you make out wabash.

How do you know WS hasnt done exactly that and that Bougherra has simply ignored him ?

Things arent always as black and white as you make out wabash.

Oh dear, you don't mean management failure to make employees toe the line or face consequences, a bad weakness in any management sphere wouldn't you say, players doing as they please whatever next.

Life in general is very black and white, it is just that some like to think they are smarter than the average bear and like to complicate the simplest of things, like telling Boogie tae shut the fek up until he is oot the door, :)

Oh dear, you don't mean management failure to make employees toe the line or face consequences, a bad weakness in any management sphere wouldn't you say, players doing as they please whatever next.

Life in general is very black and white, it is just that some like to think they are smarter than the average bear and like to complicate the simplest of things, like telling Boogie tae shut the fek up until he is oot the door, :)

So Bougherra saying that he is happy to stay is to be reprimanded ? You couldnt make it up.

No, life in general isnt black and white. At that point we will agree to disagree.

And to suggest that Smith is losing the dressing room when we are 10 points ahead in the league with a game in hand, and with players soon to be out of contract who have not committed to other teams despite the likelihood of lucrative signing on fees stating that whether Smith stays or leaves is the reason why they are delaying on making their own decision would not suggest to me that he is "losing the dressing room".

Unless of course you dont believe those players who state that, in which case life wouldnt exactly be "black and white" would it ?

He's going, though he'll play the 'i want to stay' card right up to 10 or 15 minutes after the final game of the season

I'm cool with it. He's done his bit for the club but his form has been appalling since January, not even being glossed over by goals anymore, and i don't believe he's worthy of the �£18,000 a week on offer

As with most issues, no-one knows for sure so everything is just opinions based on very raw speculation.

Maybe we should turn it round and speculate who we'll replace him with. I suppose Healy will be the first name linked.

As with most issues, no-one knows for sure so everything is just opinions based on very raw speculation.

Maybe we should turn it round and speculate who we'll replace him with. I suppose Healy will be the first name linked.

Do we have the funds to replace him with anyone? Will we claim the fit again Velicka is 'like a new signing' ?

12 months ago i had no qualms about the idea of Boyd leaving as i felt Lafferty was a better player anyway, but that idea is certainly out the window now

There are bargains to be had out there. Daniel Cousin cost something like �£800,000 (i.e. less than 1/4 of what we paid for Lafferty :( )

No, Boogie would be happy to stay or happy to go,... in other words he doesn't give a toss "one way" or the other allegedly, but the EPL looms large.....nobody made anything up he said it I heard him, black and white simples.

So now you are saying that Smith should have reprimanded him for saying he doesnt mind one way or the other whether he stays or goes... as I said, you couldnt make it up.