The Boyd situation

Do we have the funds to replace him with anyone? Will we claim the fit again Velicka is 'like a new signing' ?

12 months ago i had no qualms about the idea of Boyd leaving as i felt Lafferty was a better player anyway, but that idea is certainly out the window

Nope, no funds (yet) but Healy would probably be available on loan or for next to nothing anyway.

I'd forgot about Velicka though - no idea how his return to fitness is going and agree about Lafferty. Naismith is capable of scoring a good amount of goals but he's not the penalty box player Boyd is.

Healy is finished and i want him nowhere near Ibrox. He struggles to even get a game on loan at Ipswich.

Don't disagree - not sure he even started if I'm honest. Unfortunately, if we lose Boyd he will be the level we'll be looking at.

The manager does like the Italian market though so some sort of loan wouldn't surprise me.

So now you are saying that Smith should have reprimanded him for saying he doesnt mind one way or the other whether he stays or goes... as I said, you couldnt make it up.

No, I will type slowly....Smith should tell contracted players to shut the fek up in public about employment related matters, mibees his agent is a diddy or mibees he don't give a toss what Smith says, cos like Boydy he is off, you make it up if you like, I will stick to the usual way players operate, the mighty dollar rules above all else..:spl:

PS....you will have to show me where I said Smith was losing the dressing room, or is it that because I don'y buy into the Smith myth..

Edited by wabashcannonball

Do we have the funds to replace him with anyone? Will we claim the fit again Velicka is 'like a new signing' ?

Velicka did extremely well in the run in last season. Better than Boyd is currently doing.

12 months ago i had no qualms about the idea of Boyd leaving as i felt Lafferty was a better player anyway, but that idea is certainly out the window now

In patches last season Lafferty showed far more ability than Boyd, but for many reasons he's barely a shadow of what he was.

There are bargains to be had out there. Daniel Cousin cost something like �£800,000 (i.e. less than 1/4 of what we paid for Lafferty :( )

Cousin cost �£1.5M.

No, I will type slowly....Smith should tell contracted players to shut the fek up in public about employment related matters, mibees his agent is a diddy or mibees he don't give a toss what Smith says, cos like Boydy he is off, you make it up if you like, I will stick to the usual way players operate, the mighty dollar rules above all else..:spl:

Perhaps I should type in single syllables for you.... that will be one and only personal attack on you seeing as you like to use subtlety in the same vein with others.

A player, any player, has freedom to respond to rumour and it is difficult to see how WS could reprimand Bougherra when, as you say, Bougherra stated "I am happy to stay, happy to go" - so just how should he be reprimanded for that ? WS "glad you said the first part big man but shut your mouth on the 2nd". Makes no sense.

Also, you may want to take a look at my previous posts - at no point did I suggest that Bougherra would be staying, which is what you allude to with your "you make it up if you like" riposte.

Take a moment though to explain your previous comment that Smith has lost the dressing room. What gives that impression ? A player speaking openly doesnt mean a manager has lost the dressing room, no matter how YOU dress that up. If Smith hasnt demanded he refrain from speaking publicly Re transfer speculation then he has hardly lost the dressing room. If Smith has demanded he refrain but Bougherra has ignored that request then are you honestly trying to suggest that the actions of ONE player (one who supposedly isnt that popular in the dressing room anyway) is indicative of the remainder of the squad ? Answer that for me, my interest is piqued.

Velicka did extremely well in the run in last season. Better than Boyd is currently doing.

In patches last season Lafferty showed far more ability than Boyd, but for many reasons he's barely a shadow of what he was.

Cousin cost �£1.5M.

Wikipedia actually says �£750,000 :o

I'm sure both his signing fee and departure fee were 'undisclosed' but the general belief was that he signed for something like �£800,000 and left for something like �£1.5 million