The Boyd situation

If Eck gets Boyd we should take Kevin Phillips off him. Phillips would score for fun up here. He's no spring chicken, but he'd be a good short-term replacement for Boyd should we lose him.

If Eck gets Boyd we should take Kevin Phillips off him. Phillips would score for fun up here. He's no spring chicken, but he'd be a good short-term replacement for Boyd should we lose him.

sorry mate but with the size of our squad and limited cash the last thing we need is short term signings that wouldn't be able to play more than 2 games in a row without a break

Perhaps I should type in single syllables for you.... that will be one and only personal attack on you seeing as you like to use subtlety in the same vein with others.

A player, any player, has freedom to respond to rumour and it is difficult to see how WS could reprimand Bougherra when, as you say, Bougherra stated "I am happy to stay, happy to go" - so just how should he be reprimanded for that ? WS "glad you said the first part big man but shut your mouth on the 2nd". Makes no sense.

Also, you may want to take a look at my previous posts - at no point did I suggest that Bougherra would be staying, which is what you allude to with your "you make it up if you like" riposte.

Take a moment though to explain your previous comment that Smith has lost the dressing room. What gives that impression ? A player speaking openly doesnt mean a manager has lost the dressing room, no matter how YOU dress that up. If Smith hasnt demanded he refrain from speaking publicly Re transfer speculation then he has hardly lost the dressing room. If Smith has demanded he refrain but Bougherra has ignored that request then are you honestly trying to suggest that the actions of ONE player (one who supposedly isnt that popular in the dressing room anyway) is indicative of the remainder of the squad ? Answer that for me, my interest is piqued.

As I said, show me where I said Smith had lost the dressing room, you can't, so why say it, unless...:)

As I said, show me where I said Smith had lost the dressing room, you can't, so why say it, unless...:)

I refer you to page 3, post 29 of this thread where you state "what the feck is happening in the dressin room, start sorting it out Wattie it is running away from you."

Now, that staement to me looks like a "you are losing the dressing room" comment.

When Boyd was supposed to have been the subject of interest from Turkey (?) a while back, I remember thinking that he wasn't the sort of guy to stray that far from home. I still think he's unlikely to be the most adventurous type but I do think his scoring achievements have brought into focus for him the earning opportunity he undoubtedly has. The lure of lucre and the familiarity of working for Alex McLeish and playing with Barry Ferguson may provide the perfect temptation for Boyd to leave Rangers this summer. I'll be sorry to see him go but it looks to me that the board is set up for him to move.

I refer you to page 3, post 29 of this thread where you state "what the feck is happening in the dressin room, start sorting it out Wattie it is running away from you."

Now, that staement to me looks like a "you are losing the dressing room" comment.

What it looks like to to you by your interpretation and what it says are rather different, like chalk and cheese, you keep saying wattie is losing the dressing room, maybe that is what YOU really think, who knows. Maybe it would be easier if you just told me what to think and then I will post it up.....wink.gif

What it looks like to to you by your interpretation and what it says are rather different, like chalk and cheese, you keep saying wattie is losing the dressing room, maybe that is what YOU really think, who knows. Maybe it would be easier if you just told me what to think and then I will post it up.....wink.gif

And back we go to the usual "attempt to deflect from what I said" from wabash.

I would be surprised if many, if indeed any, took what you posted as anything other than WS is losing the dressing room.

Seeing as life is so "black and white" to you, how about you tell us, in layman's terms, whether you think WS has lost the dressing room (because you DO allude to this) and why that is so. Better yet, instead of attempting your usual "hit and run" tactics how about you debate that which you are trying to state in a normal manner - rather than the deflectionary tactics you revel in.

The deflect and deny tactics you use make me think you may actually be SDM himself :devil:

So you think that the dressing room "is running away from you" is "rather different" from "losing the dressing room"? :confused:

In what way are these statements "chalk and cheese"?