Rangers FC no longer for sale

He's making out that he's been getting abusive PMs and text messages and that's not the sort of thing you'd think he'd make up, so is likely to be true. One thing I can't help wondering though, is how on earth these people got his mobile number to be sending him abusive texts. He states that FF admin all have his mobile number, but you wouldn't like to think that a member of forum admin would pass around a members number or be involved in what sccgers claims has been happening.

Anyway, I couldn't really give a shit about any of this so I've got no idea why I'm even talking about it. As far as I'm concerned, I'll always take rumours (no matter whether they're from someone people trust with a good source or not) with an extremely large pinch of salt because anything else is just bloody gullible. Plenty people with good sources in this whole farcical saga have been proven to be talking utter nonsense.

Well said mate, well said. If there was nothing more said that that until something actually happened, we'd all be better off.

Is it really such a big surprise that there is such a massive interest in this, as it is probably the biggest single issue to have effected us for a decade , we have been up for sale for 4 years , we have for the last 10 years been constantly told we are skint and now we potentially have someone ready to take over the running of the club and removing the hated debt that has bee hanging over our heads like the plague . Balance that against the fact we know hee haw about him , his consortium ( if there is one ) and what his plans actually are .

Everytime we have seen a chink of light , getting the debt down to approx �£5.6 million, the UEFA cup run , it has been ruined very very quickly by losing millions the next year ( due to players bonuses or so we are led to believe ) or by the mindless minority ruining Manchester , we have had a constant battle keeping our chin's up and battling on.We even have the constant prospect of our best players being poached not by EPL clubs but by Championship clubs , and only replaced by bargain's , bosman's or very poor loan signings.

What amazes me is the amount of fans who seem to actually revel in the doom and gloom , never happier than when something doesn't go to plan .

The guys who post about potential targets and get it wrong get away with it because another rumour comes along very quickly , however this time with the takeover they appear to be easy meat , and some seems to take great pleasure from sticking the boot in .

We seem to caught between a rock and a hard place , either dont post anything that could in any way prove false or else post things that you hear about , whether via the media , friends , players or club officials , it seems we are damned if we do and damned if we dont , but the minority seem to taking the moral high ground whilst contributing the square root of hee haw .

Edited by rbr

We seem to caught between a rock and a hard place , either dont post anything that could in any way prove false or else post things that you hear about , whether via the media , friends , players or club officials , it seems we are damned if we do and damned if we dont , but the minority seem to taking the moral high ground whilst contributing the square root of hee haw .

rbr, I think at the end of the day almost all of us are pleased to have people posting things they hear from their contacts on the messageboards. It's inevitable that some things will be right and some will be wrong and that's why a lot of people tend to take everything with a pinch of salt until it's officially confirmed. Personally, I tend to think that problems generally only arise from rumours being wrong in situations where people have jumped in head first and believed what's been posted because someone (like say sccgers) has a good track record with their information. In this case, where we're talking about such an important issue, it's pretty foolish to believe anything at all until it's officially announced because even our chairman AJ could tell someone at NARSA that Ellis wasn't going to be buying Rangers and then end up being completely wrong.

Is it really such a big surprise that there is such a massive interest in this, as it is probably the biggest single issue to have effected us for a decade , we have been up for sale for 4 years , we have for the last 10 years been constantly told we are skint and now we potentially have someone ready to take over the running of the club and removing the hated debt that has bee hanging over our heads like the plague . Balance that against the fact we know hee haw about him , his consortium ( if there is one ) and what his plans actually are .

Everytime we have seen a chink of light , getting the debt down to approx �£5.6 million, the UEFA cup run , it has been ruined very very quickly by losing millions the next year ( due to players bonuses or so we are led to believe ) or by the mindless minority ruining Manchester , we have had a constant battle keeping our chin's up and battling on.We even have the constant prospect of our best players being poached not by EPL clubs but by Championship clubs , and only replaced by bargain's , bosman's or very poor loan signings.

What amazes me is the amount of fans who seem to actually revel in the doom and gloom , never happier than when something doesn't go to plan .

The guys who post about potential targets and get it wrong get away with it because another rumour comes along very quickly , however this time with the takeover they appear to be easy meat , and some seems to take great pleasure from sticking the boot in .

I think maybe you're slightly missing the point. No one minds speculation, guessing, or theorising ... that tends to be fun. What's been going on is quite different. Instead of saying, "I think this might happen" we've had people saying "this or that IS happening" or "HAS" happened, backing up these statements with reference to "sources" and "contacts". Then we've had others rushing in to assure everyone of the excellent credentials of the people making these statements.

This isn't being offered as speculation, these are being touted as REVELATIONS by people claiming to be in the know. They're alluding to leaks from some of the main players and special access to inner sanctums. We've had it about everyone who has appeared on the horizon as a potential buyer and, frankly, it's been a shambles. Even if it turns out to be accurate as far as Ellis is concerned, it is no less irritating and, despite assurances as to the character of those involved, something that smacks of self-promotion. Only my opinion of course.

I think maybe you're slightly missing the point. No one minds speculation, guessing, or theorising ... that tends to be fun. What's been going on is quite different. Instead of saying, "I think this might happen" we've had people saying "this or that IS happening" or "HAS" happened, backing up these statements with reference to "sources" and "contacts". Then we've had others rushing in to assure everyone of the excellent credentials of the people making these statements.

This isn't being offered as speculation, these are being touted as REVELATIONS by people claiming to be in the know. They're alluding to leaks from some of the main players and special access to inner sanctums. We've had it about everyone who has appeared on the horizon as a potential buyer and, frankly, it's been a shambles. Even if it turns out to be accurate as far as Ellis is concerned, it is no less irritating and, despite assurances as to the character of those involved, something that smacks of self-promotion. Only my opinion of course.

point taken ,in fact point vey well made .:)

For Maine. from FF tonight

Before I start with this, I just want to make a few things clear. I won�t be answering PMs about what I�m posting, or answering any questions about specifics about the details etc. With regard to what I�ve found out thus far, it�s been a few straight answers to questions via text and that�s it.

To add another caviat to this, I have never once stated that I will be getting the confirmation date of the Ellis� takeover, the only thing I�ve put a timescale on is the information being confirmed as accurate.

Before the the cull last night, you will see that I�d managed to find out that part of the information I was given has turned out to be wrong, part of it has turned out to be right. This is why I never posted every last detail of what I was told.

As some of you know, I�m fairly close to many people in NARSA. What I can say thus far is that like what sccgers said and I backed up last week: Andrew Ellis and Murray have agreed a deal for his most or all of his shares in RFC. As many of you who seem to have been baiting me recently will be keen to point out, it hasn�t been signed and sealed yet, but it has been agreed.

Unfortunately, most of you, like me, would love to know when it will be signed and I can�t answer that because I don�t know. If I was to give my opinion, I think it�s at the End-Game despite some people suggesting it hasn�t even started.

Admin know how I�ve been given this information, as do many of you, what you do with it, whether you believe it or not etc is entirely up to you. The information has come from as solid a source as you could possibly get...don�t waste your time asking me who it is.

For the record, if a manuscript of some sort comes out from the NARSA AGM today, I fully expect AJ, Bain and Smith to deny or not acknowledge takeover talk or give any hints about this.

For Maine. from FF tonight

Before I start with this, I just want to make a few things clear. I won�t be answering PMs about what I�m posting, or answering any questions about specifics about the details etc. With regard to what I�ve found out thus far, it�s been a few straight answers to questions via text and that�s it.

To add another caviat to this, I have never once stated that I will be getting the confirmation date of the Ellis� takeover, the only thing I�ve put a timescale on is the information being confirmed as accurate.

Before the the cull last night, you will see that I�d managed to find out that part of the information I was given has turned out to be wrong, part of it has turned out to be right. This is why I never posted every last detail of what I was told.

As some of you know, I�m fairly close to many people in NARSA. What I can say thus far is that like what sccgers said and I backed up last week: Andrew Ellis and Murray have agreed a deal for his most or all of his shares in RFC. As many of you who seem to have been baiting me recently will be keen to point out, it hasn�t been signed and sealed yet, but it has been agreed.

Unfortunately, most of you, like me, would love to know when it will be signed and I can�t answer that because I don�t know. If I was to give my opinion, I think it�s at the End-Game despite some people suggesting it hasn�t even started.

Admin know how I�ve been given this information, as do many of you, what you do with it, whether you believe it or not etc is entirely up to you. The information has come from as solid a source as you could possibly get...don�t waste your time asking me who it is.

For the record, if a manuscript of some sort comes out from the NARSA AGM today, I fully expect AJ, Bain and Smith to deny or not acknowledge takeover talk or give any hints about this.

Cheers CB, I did see that on earlier another forum ... from BdTS I believe, although I've no idea who that is. What I don't get is why he doesn't just stay cool, say nothing and wait for the facts to vindicate him? He doesn't need to offer these assurances (if that's what they are?) and achieves nothing by doing so. Either he's right or he's wrong and time will tell everything to everyone.

Didn't I see something a few days ago saying we would know by today? Or am I just not paying close enough attention?

Also from AJ tonight.

Also, for the record, AJ was asked at the NARSA Q & A today over there about the Ellis deal......

He seemed quite positive about it and said 'I need to be careful what I say due to stock market regulations but it's definitely not dead'

SDM also constantly referred to as 'Murray'. Stated he was warned he'd be yellow carded as chairman if he blabbed about the Ellis deal but I think it was half jokingly.