Yet again we're fed more lies by the board just to ensure season tickets are bought.

Problem is, the chairman has said selling Thomson was a managerial decision - not a financial one.

We'd maybe disagree but the club will always close ranks on such stuff so we have little recourse when the majority of the fans either believe the board or don't care either way.

Why didnt we keep Novo??!!! Small increase in wages yet would still have been lower than what we offered Boyd and Eagles yet a good all round player who would always give 110%. Baffling!

We did offer Novo a new contract; he turned it down as it was only for one year and he wanted two. Now considering the criticism for inconsistency he's been receiving from the fans lately and the fact he's not seen as a winger at all, as well as him relying quite a bit on pace and energy - did we really want to keep him till he's 33, rather than use his wage towards bringing in a half decent 24 year old winger on a four year contract?

Doesn't seem that baffling to me. Novo has been an impact player as he's not had that many great 90 minutes in the last couple of years. Whether he can keep that up for two years on the wrong side of 30 is a bit of a gamble.

I'd have like to have seen him stay but can understand the decision to let him go.

I find it funny that Eagles turns us down and says its not in his best interests, football manager cliche coming up but he probably thinks playing in Scotland is a step in the wrong direction. The media said he would be happy to try his luck here hmmm... Hope he enjoys the "glamour" (money) of Bolton or Sunderland.

It does seem the media hysteria about us isn't probably helping our case of actually signing players, especially UK based players.

More players going as well, wow our pre-season trip to Oz will save a few quid...

It's baffling when you can't sign a 24 year old winger on a 4 year contract, or even sign anyone!

You win some, you lose some - player greed is rife these days with the way wages are going in the EPL. I'm glad Rangers are sticking to their guns on a very decent offer that won't cripple the club and will come out of the fans' pockets. The guy is trying to fleece our fans out of their hard earned cash and as such can GTF.

we should be looking at Scandinavia and Eastern Europe for potential new signings.

You cannot tell me there are no players in those areas who would not improve our team and wouldn't cost the earth.

shame our 'scouting system' is so fecking shite

we should be looking at Scandinavia and Eastern Europe for potential new signings.

You cannot tell me there are no players in those areas who would not improve our team and wouldn't cost the earth.

shame our 'scouting system' is so fecking shite

Could never understand why when we had Prso that we didn't get a few Croats across on the back of his spell at the club...

To be perfectly honest now I know it was down to his financial demands I am not bothered in the least . At least we had identified him for a position and instead of randomly buying players, are actively seeking to strengthen parts of the team.

However when it comes down to money and they decide they dont want to come at least we are sticking to our guns and not being stupid as we have in the past , this post may fly in the face of some of my previous ones re player recruitment and our need for new blood but , not at any price .

You win some, you lose some - player greed is rife these days with the way wages are going in the EPL. I'm glad Rangers are sticking to their guns on a very decent offer that won't cripple the club and will come out of the fans' pockets. The guy is trying to fleece our fans out of their hard earned cash and as such can GTF.

I agree. I'm glad he never signed for us when I heard he was after 20k a week. He's not worth that but he's used to being offered silly amounts of money down in England.

I now wonder what kind of player we can attract for 15k a week.