McArthur isn't a ridiculous shout. However, the accies would probably ask for something crazy like 2 to 3m for him... if thommo is worth 2m, surely we wouldn't have to pay more than 1m? sadly it doesn't seem to work like that for us!

McArthur isn't a ridiculous shout. However, the accies would probably ask for something crazy like 2 to 3m for him... if thommo is worth 2m, surely we wouldn't have to pay more than 1m? sadly it doesn't seem to work like that for us!

I haven't seem enough of him to make a comment tbh, but do we not have any young players who would be just as good as him??, Fleck would feature more for me before we took a gamble on McArthur!!

I haven't seem enough of him to make a comment tbh, but do we not have any young players who would be just as good as him??, Fleck would feature more for me before we took a gamble on McArthur!!

McArthur would probably be worth "more" because of the game time he's received. I think he seems a decent player, but thought this is a likely deal as he seems to be a player Walter likes. Seems strange we're looking at Holman as he sounds like his position is that which would be best suited to fleck...

Interesting summer... roll on the actual football!

I'm with Ian on this. McArthur might be a decent player, but I'd rather we brought through one of our own than spend money on McArthur. If we were getting him for about �£1m and on lowish wages it might be worth a go, but we should really be looking to be smart with our cash no matter whether we've just sold a player or not.

Guest Northampton_loyalist
Going back over 20 years if we were linked with an Ian Ferguson now these internet boards would go into melt down , get real people

I heard a wee rumour that we are in for a Sunderland striker who bombed there and rejected us before that...................

Craig Conway? What's he done for Dundee United that appeals to a club like Rangers? Like I said a week or so ago, I'd stay well clear of the SPL players as their over-rated and over-priced.

He's had an outstanding season, played well against us, young enough to improve. At least as much potential as Eagles. If SPL players are good enough for the championship they're good enough for us in the market we're now in.