At least now our potential targets will know the kind of wages we are offering and that we're not going to cave in to demands. I'd prefer they know this and turn us down quickly rather than waste our time.

Eagles was offered the best deal of his career - and no risk of relegation to half his wage which he might have with the likes of Bolton, Sunderland, Stoke or Hull. You have to wonder what kind of deal he'll end up with elsewhere and whether it will add up to what Rangers are offering in the long term, once you include bonuses - and his 7 grand a week for next season if he doesn't get a move.

His agent is obviously looking out for the biggest potential commission rather than the good of the player's career. The boy is obviously clueless and relies on this advice. You can tell he doesn't know what he's doing by the way he dressed to the meeting. His clothes may not make a difference to the deal itself, but it shows his attitude is that of a naive, young boy rather than a real man of distinction.

As Mark Twain said, "Clothes maketh the man."

If you can't even make the right choices about how to dress, what chance is there of making good the bigger choice about your career?

Edited by calscot

There's no way for a player to know if a particular move is going to be good for their career. It's worth considering how poor our leagues' ranking in Europe stands as well.

But I don't think he considered anything. It seems his agent wanted to hold out for 20k a week and he's happy to go along with that - with his agent bumming him up and telling him that's what he's worth, why wouldn't a naive kid fall for it? All other considerations seem to be immaterial from my interpretation of the scenario.

At least now our potential targets will know the kind of wages we are offering and that we're not going to cave in to demands. I'd prefer they know this and turn us down quickly rather than waste our time.

Eagles was offered the best deal of his career - and no risk of relegation to half his wage which he might have with the likes of Bolton, Sunderland, Stoke or Hull. You have to wonder what kind of deal he'll end up with elsewhere and whether it will add up to what Rangers are offering in the long term, once you include bonuses - and his 7 grand a week for next season if he doesn't get a move.

His agent is obviously looking out for the biggest potential commission rather than the good of the player's career. The boy is obviously clueless and relies on this advice. You can tell he doesn't know what he's doing by the way he dressed to the meeting. His clothes may not make a difference to the deal itself, but it shows his attitude is that of a naive, young boy rather than a real man of distinction.

As Mark Twain said, "Clothes maketh the man."

If you can't even make the right choices about how to dress, what chance is there of making good the bigger choice about your career?

FFS are you nuts........don't mention code of dress or heaven forbid tradition... you will be told to start a new thread....:spl::spl::spl: barebumrollonfloorlaughtin.gif

Enjoy your career at burnley eagles ya greedy basturd :(

these kind of players won't get a move to a bigger club then Rangers, more money perhaps, if they are very lucky maybe win a trophy but I doubt it, his loss............

depends how much, i'd rather have davis in the middle and sign a winger........

Aye,should have been clearer mate, I'm not saying I want him in, just think WS will try and bring him in

Aye,should have been clearer mate, I'm not saying I want him in, just think WS will try and bring him in

no probs mate, there is already a rumour on FF we've put a �£1.2M bid in for him......