A competition we could do without, imo.

Winning it maybe be nice particularly in the fashion we did last season but I'd rather see it scrapped.

Don't see why a British cup couldn't be introduced as a replacement. It would bring a lot more money and generate more interest from all clubs.

There has been a bit of controversy about teams who have nothing to play for fielding weaker sides at the end of the season against teams fighting relegation. Not sure of any actual laws against it, I think Fulham did it prior to their Europa Cup final. Means certain strugglers are playing against full-strength opponents, whilst others are playing against kids.

Ah right, that's probably where I've picked it up from.

Yes, they now enter the Scottish Cup.

Wabash's broader point, I presume, is that the entire game should be governed by one body, not the hotch-potch of People's Front of Judea style organisations we have currently. A point to which I would agree!

Wabash's broader point, I presume, is that the entire game should be governed by one body, not the hotch-potch of People's Front of Judea style organisations we have currently. A point to which I would agree!

You my son are bang on the money.

Only partialy true.

The winners of the West, East and North (I tihnk) Junior league's, along with the Scottish Junior Cup winners, get entry into the Scottish Cup proper.

The FAMOUS Auchinleck Talbot were unluckily papped out last year against Stirling Albion I think (despite dominating the game. Irvine Meadow went down 2-0 to Hibs at Easter Road.

Only partialy true.

The winners of the West, East and North (I tihnk) Junior league's, along with the Scottish Junior Cup winners, get entry into the Scottish Cup proper.

The FAMOUS Auchinleck Talbot were unluckily papped out last year against Stirling Albion I think (despite dominating the game. Irvine Meadow went down 2-0 to Hibs at Easter Road.

I stand corrected :spl:

A competition we could do without, imo.

Winning it maybe be nice particularly in the fashion we did last season but I'd rather see it scrapped.

Don't see why a British cup couldn't be introduced as a replacement. It would bring a lot more money and generate more interest from all clubs.

Agreed. This cup has lost all its interest since the late 80s and 90s. There used to be some belters of finals - the 3 games against Aberdeen in the late 80s then the 4-3 v Hearts in 1996.

There is 2 reasons for it IMO, 1) Obviously the European place got taken away and 2) The powers that be moved the final from its original October to March for some bizarre reason even though the earlier rounds are still played pre-christmas.

Having a cup final in October made much more of an interest as there was a chance for a trophy early on and good form at this time could be rewarded.