1 step forward 10 steps back

No they are not but i will say it again, they went out with no game plan and he played too many players out of position. Smith cost us the game.

Mate he seems to be another one of these guys that thinks smith can do no wrong. SMITH cost us the game today end of story.

You've confused me. Who exactly are you blaming, Smith? McGregor? Boogie?

Not sure I see the point of this. Smith is gone in a few months. Are we asking for him to go sooner? Otherwise, there cannot possibly be any surprise about Smith after all these years, he is what he is and will never be any different. Better just to thank him for what he's achieved and leave the criticism for when it might make a difference.

Much more concerning is what kind of manager McCoist will be.

Sorry but that article has long been acknowqledged by many , even Smith's fierxcest crirics as a veri slewed and inaccurate article , this was at a time when Evertonm were lurching from one crisis to another , when players were being sold behind Smith's back and when money he was promised never arrived , many many Evertonians hold Smith in the highest regard for simply keeping them in the premiership

Really? Whenever I or others mentioned it on ff everyone struggled to find a single word wrong with it.

Would you like to point out what is unfair about it? It hits the nail on the head 100%

This part of the article particularly rings true:

* The failure to negotiate a deal with Hutchison, who was sorely missed.

* The failure to hold on to John Collins, thought to be one of his most trusted players.

* The persistence with playing strange formations (4-5-1; 5-3-2) that simply don't work for Everton.

* Notts Forest (h): he played an ultra-defensive line up against the poorest team in the league.

* The Dunne and Ball fiasco – disciplined for laughing at a joke on the coach home.

The list for Season 1999-2000 was just as long and puzzling:

* The Slaven Bilic situation, where he was allowed to go home to Croatia when injured – Smith deciding the World Cup semi-finalist wasn't good enough for Everton

* Relying on the efforts of 38-year-old Richard Gough in defence, which crumbles when he gets injured

* Michael Branch introduced from nowhere in the Anfield derby – to disastrous effect.

* David Unsworth played in midfield!!!

* Defenders playing deep to protect a slow defence, creating virtually nothing as a result.

* Everton taking the field with 5 centre-halfs, or 7 defenders!!!

* Considered Mark Hughes as a reasonable signing.

* Narrowing the pitch!!!

* Displaying no tactical awareness whatsoever.

* Reputed dire words to the young players for their every mistake.

The lines in bold particularly reminds me of someone...

Edited by Totti

If it wasn't for Smith and what he has done for the club since he came we would be in a much worse state than we are. IMO he saved us in so many ways and still delivered us trophies with no money at all. He is very stubborn, he makes mistakes but usually gets it right more often than not. He is for me a Rangers legend and I will back him all the way until he goes at the end of the season............

Mr Smith has continually been unable to come up with the goods when it matters, 10 in a row euro cup final, euro CL games, 9 out of 10 posters on here would have won what Smith has, with the money he has had at his disposal, C'est la vie

You've missed out the bit where he's been knocked out in Europe by the likes of FC Kaunas...

Mr Smith has continually been unable to come up with the goods when it matters, 10 in a row euro cup final, euro CL games, 9 out of 10 posters on here would have won what Smith has, with the money he has had at his disposal, C'est la vie

I think you're confusing computer games with the real world. How many on here have won a real Sunday league as manager? Picking a team, positions and formation is a tiny part of it and just playing 4-4-2 and putting players into their notional positions guarantees nothing. If managing a top team was that easy then it would be pretty random who wins - in fact it would guarantee Celtic won right now seeing as they spent more money and have a bigger squad.

If it was that easy, how come one of the most prestigious young manager in Europe made a pigs ear of it, and Walter came in the same season and showed him how to manage a team?

I think some people on here don't understand that football is a game played by TWO teams and they're not teams of robots either.

Utter nonsense. Away and take a long hard look at yourself. You obviously are in the "football management is nae problem" mindset. There is a reason why none of us are managers of professional clubs - and it isnt because we would have won what Smith has. What a way to attempt to minimalise all of the achievements of a club great - and make no mistake, he is a club great.

No matter how much piss and wind you and/or Totti come up with about WS' misgivings, and I am willing to suggest that not many of them were aired when last season's title, or the season before, were delivered - WS has still done a more than decent job since he came back.

Really? Whenever I or others mentioned it on ff everyone struggled to find a single word wrong with it.

Would you like to point out what is unfair about it? It hits the nail on the head 100%

This part of the article particularly rings true:

The lines in bold particularly reminds me of someone...

The only thing that rings true are the facts that at both clubs , both then and now he is and was strapped for cash , what exactly do you want him to do , it's easy to critisice , come on what exactly do you want him to do now and with no money to bring anyone in , and the minute you use �£�£ to back your arguement up your finished as afar as I am concerned , you would be better going on Kerrydale street , oh wait most of them are on �£�£