Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Hutton has been released by Spurs today.

Sell Whittaker for the 1 mill reportedly offered by Bursa and use that 1 mill plus the exorbitant wages he wants and give them to Hutton, twice the player of Whittaker.

Ohhhhh, to see Alan Hutton back at Ibrox.....

HMMMMMMMMMM, i think he will have a few EPL players sniffing around him

Do you seriously mean "EPL players" ?? Dirty bassa !!

I hope you mean EPL teams....

Was there ever any doubt?!? Alan Hutton has been named as Tottenham Hotspur's worst right back of the last decade.

Since arriving in North London in 2008 for �£9 million (NINE MILLION POUNDS FFS), Hutton has struggled to hold down a first team place. He has the willingness and stamina to get forward and he's a reasonably fast guy, but his crossing leaves a little bit to be desired, while his defending and decision making leave quite a bit to be desired.

From a Spurs fan site.

I have no idea where it went wrong for Hutton at Spurs. When I saw him he looked every inch the player we sold, but for God knows what reason Spurs' fans don't and didn't like him.

I would take him back at Ibrox over Whittaker in an instant, but that would never, ever happen.

Sell Whittaker for the 1 mill reportedly offered by Bursa and use that 1 mill plus the exorbitant wages he wants and give them to Hutton, twice the player of Whittaker.

Ohhhhh, to see Alan Hutton back at Ibrox.....

More than twice tbh. Hutton was, honestly, and is, imho (and perhaps slightly biased opinion) world class. Dunno where it went wrong at Spurs, but I'd be the happiest bear alive if we got him back. tbh I think, as a free agent, he'd want to return.

If McCoist has anything in him as a manager that can attract players he should already be on the phone to Hutton's agent to see what the possibility is.

Hutton still has his best years in front of him and would be a huge threat going forward and would cope comfortably with whatever the SPL can throw at him defensively.

Depending on what you believe.... he didnt want to leave in the first place - so McCoist should be straight on the phone with "We didnt want to lose you either Alan, but the Owner and Board at the time, which by the way Alan has been replaced, wanted the cash for selling you. We would love to have you back and the legions of Bears would welcome you back as the hero you were to them".

McCoist should definitely be touching base to see if Hutton would even consider it. Far, far, far better player than Whittaker. I doubt many bears would be upset to lose Whittaker if he were to be replaced with a classier player like Hutton.

I'd be honestly beyond furious if Ally doesn't at least enquire. I'd accept if other clubs in England offer more wages, it might be a bit of a schlep for him to move back up here for lower wages.

That said Ally has a chance to make himself a hero before a ball is even kicked by getting both Cuellar and Hutton back. Let's pray he goes for it.