Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Is a reason we're struggling in the transfer market because Ally's a rookie manager?

Leicester City are managed by Sven, and he seems to have had no trouble attracting Danns, while Ally is struggling to not only sign anyone, but hold onto players.

I hope players aren't looking at Ally and not really wanting to play for him.

Is a reason we're struggling in the transfer market because Ally's a rookie manager?

Leicester City are managed by Sven, and he seems to have had no trouble attracting Danns, while Ally is struggling to not only sign anyone, but hold onto players.

I wouldn't say that, Sven has had a very dubious few years as a football manager. Plus the money that they guy Danns is probably going to get. Ally should have the players onside as he has trained with them and worked with them for 4 years. Plus he had a good reputation as a player so, in summary its to do with the money.

Sorry, but I find this to be quite bizarre a statement.

i dont think we have any money to buy players. no more than token gestures so far and weve already lost out on two players who would have been good additions to the squad.

i think the likes of lee wallace will be as good as we get.

I wouldn't say that, Sven has had a very dubious few years as a football manager. Plus the money that they guy Danns is probably going to get. Ally should have the players onside as he has trained with them and worked with them for 4 years. Plus he had a good reputation as a player so, in summary its to do with the money.

Yep, definitely partly because of the wages on offer. Sven is a muppet so it can't be playing under him that's attracted Danns. We also have to consider that some players won't want to move to Scotland to play in the SPL and would rather play for Championship level clubs down south. Leicester might have offered Danns a better signing on fee and better wages than we did, but even if we'd matched their offer, Danns might well have decided to play down there and be closer to his friends and family.

Yep, definitely partly because of the wages on offer. Sven is a muppet so it can't be playing under him that's attracted Danns. We also have to consider that some players won't want to move to Scotland to play in the SPL and would rather play for Championship level clubs down south. Leicester might have offered Danns a better signing on fee and better wages than we did, but even if we'd matched their offer, Danns might well have decided to play down there and be closer to his friends and family.

The Thai guy that owns Leicester is seriously loaded too and wants back in the EPL. He's not Man City loaded but he's got money to burn

You don't seem to be a fan of Ally and he hasn't even managed a game for us yet, give him a wee while in charge surely :surprised:

You don't seem to be a fan of Ally and he hasn't even managed a game for us yet, give him a wee while in charge surely :surprised:

He's just stated a fact. Maybe players are preferring to join a club who have an experienced managerial at the helm.

Maybe not.

Guest bigbob

we will get rid off

beattie

boogie

whittaker

we will bring in

cuellar

bartley

wallace

another centre midfielder

hutton loan