Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Edu's move to Blackburn has now made Talksport.

Apparently we've been bid �£1M but we want 2. Wages are supposedly �£25k. A deal is there to be done, just a matter of time before he leaves.

A chronic undervaluation, by both Blackburn and us. Even if he has been poor this season and underperformed if we sell Edu for �£2m I will be less than happy for a few reasons.

1) He has 2 years left on his contract

2) He is a proven player (International, CL and trophy winner)

3) Blackburn sold an unproven player for �£18m, they have the cheek to bid �£1m, if true cause talksport aren't very reliable in my mind

4) Blackburn also have this chicken money weren't they pursing stupid people like Kaka.

5) Every club under the sun currently think we are soft touches from what the media are reporting (again not reliable), with bids etc.

Or maybe they are just testing Whyte? Anyway not a very happy chappy to say the least. This isn't just based on Edu but money is turning our players heads as well rather frustrating, could be possible tapping up? How can they agree a package if we don't allow our player to speak to them? Agents playing silly buggers and negotiating deals behind our back probably. I wouldn't be so worried if we got what we paid for Edu cause we could use a good bit of that to get someone else who could be better suited to our play.

A chronic undervaluation, by both Blackburn and us. Even if he has been poor this season and underperformed if we sell Edu for �£2m I will be less than happy for a few reasons.

1) He has 2 years left on his contract

2) He is a proven player (International, CL and trophy winner)

3) Blackburn sold an unproven player for �£18m, they have the cheek to bid �£1m, if true cause talksport aren't very reliable in my mind

4) Blackburn also have this chicken money weren't they pursing stupid people like Kaka.

5) Every club under the sun currently think we are soft touches from what the media are reporting (again not reliable), with bids etc.

Or maybe they are just testing Whyte? Anyway not a very happy chappy to say the least. This isn't just based on Edu but money is turning our players heads as well rather frustrating, could be possible tapping up? How can they agree a package if we don't allow our player to speak to them? Agents playing silly buggers and negotiating deals behind our back probably. I wouldn't be so worried if we got what we paid for Edu cause we could use a good bit of that to get someone else who could be better suited to our play.

If 2 mill is the quoted number then we are getting close enough to what we paid for him.

2 yrs left on contracts means little these days if a player wants away.

He isnt a proven player, he has a proven CV. Anyone watching him last year would have doubted he was even worth 1 mill.

Doesnt matter what Blackburn sold a player for - completely irrelevant.

Doesnt matter if they have chicken money, they still need to run the club like a business. Same as us.

And we HAVE been soft touches, so there can be little surprise when clubs try to lowball us on bids.

Its insane not to bite Villa's hand at 3 million for Cuellar. Im sure they would take 2.5 or 2.75 so that deal should be done ASAP.

I dont think he would leave again in such a short time, sign him and cement him as first choice centre half for the next 4 years.

As for Whittaker, Ive no problem with him leaving at all. Last season he was murder except for about 7 games overall. Id much rather see the high wages spent better than giving him a top deal.

Edu, signed for 2.6m on a 5-year deal in August 2008. That means he's with us till August 2013. As some have said, he's a full internatonal, has played Champions' League football, so if I was Whyte, I'd say: Come back with 5m and we think about it again. That's what they do down south all the time, and this is what they pay to teams from other countries too, France, Italy, Portugal et al. Usually for far less experienced folk as well.

I really pissed myself laughing when I was reading a Dutch website today. Lior Refaelov claimed :

I'm extremely happy to have signed here. I had the choice between Twente, Celtic, Rangers and Club Brugge. After a lot of talks with my manager and the people at the different clubs, I made the choice to sign at Club Brugge. It's a big team, always playing in full stadiums, with a fantastic audience, a big list of honours, a great hunger for new success, and a fabulous city. It wasn't hard to choose between the cities of Glasgow and Brugge. My fiancee will be making the move with me to Belgium, so she also has to feel fine where we will be living."

I don't think anyone told him that Rangers or Celtic could fill the Brugge Stadium twice every week and that one of the teams he turned down holds the world record for League championships and will be playing in the champions League next season. I have never been to Bruge so I can't say whether it is better than glasgow but the rest sounds as if he has been sold shite by his agent.

http://www.clubbrugge.be/en/nieuws/bericht/7053/Lior-Rafa-Refaelov-Fantastic-Club-audience

I really pissed myself laughing when I was reading a Dutch website today. Lior Refaelov claimed :

I don't think anyone told him that Rangers or Celtic could fill the Brugge Stadium twice every week and that one of the teams he turned down holds the world record for League championships and will be playing in the champions League next season. I have never been to Bruge so I can't say whether it is better than glasgow but the rest sounds as if he has been sold shite by his agent.

http://www.clubbrugge.be/en/nieuws/bericht/7053/Lior-Rafa-Refaelov-Fantastic-Club-audience

He has to be complimentary to his new club. By the looks of the final line, I suspect his missus had more than a hand in the move. And tbh he's probably also being paid more there.

He has to be complimentary to his new club. By the looks of the final line, I suspect his missus had more than a hand in the move. And tbh he's probably also being paid more there.

I don't think they pay a lot of Money in Belgium as a lot of their top players end up in Holland and Holland don't pay that well apart from maybe Ajax and in the past PSV.

Just a bit of useless information the city of Eindhoven council bought the ground under the Philips Stadium and PSV training complex for a total of 48.8 million euro's today otherwise PSV would have been technically bankrupt. The city of Eindhoven council are taking a loan to pay for it and PSV are paying the Interest for the rental of the facilities.

Heh not much weather difference maybe a bit warmer in Belgium and possibly staying in mainland Europe, still a funny comment. He was player of the year in Israel so he is quite a decent player but were we ever really interested? Doubtful.