Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

We've offered 300k for Wallace.

We should really stop doing this with the press sniffing about. Honestly, a supposed 300k bid for a young up-and-coming Scottish international is woeful. Yes, he's had a long injury this season, but really ...

NB: I actually assumed that the "we should look at better players" - folk was living on FF, but some specimen have found their way onto Gersnet too. I for one would be happy if we get Wallace, Foster and Riordan for our SPL squad for next season ... as much shock & horror as this might cause. I wouldn't mind Goodwillie, Cuellar and Bartley either, amongst a few other non-Scots.

I seen Frankie saying on twitter that Wallace is a trouble maker off the field. Anyone know anything about that?

He has been fined by the courts for breach of the peace and has had an air gun in his possession.

ALEX McLeish is prepared to sell Carlos Cuellar to former club Rangers to free up transfer cash for Villa after also deciding against signing Michael Bradley.

Villa have rejected the Scottish giants’ opening Ã?£1.5million bid for the Spanish defender, but would be willing to do business for nearer Ã?£3million.

Although Cuellar is currently recovering from knee surgery and is likely to be sidelined until mid-August, Gers boss Ally McCoist is keen to sign him.

Rangers owner Craig Whyte confirmed: “We’ve made a bid for Cuellar, but, with their managerial change, it has slowed there a bit.”

McLeish is reluctant to lose any more players with Ashley Young already near the exit door in a �£16million-plus move to Manchester United which is virtually a done deal.

The new boss is unsure how much of the Young transfer fee he will be given and other than cash for a new goalkeeper might have to generate funds for outfield reinforcements.

The sale of Cuellar at Villa’s valuation would give him Ã?£3million for his transfer kitty along with the Ã?£2.5million he has saved by deciding not to purchase Bradley.

Would love to see big Cuellar back at Ibrox as for Lee Wallace - I'm not sure anytime I've seen him he hasn't really impressed me. We need another left back to give Papac some competition but I don't think Wallace is the answer. If we are going down the Scottish route I would rather see us go for Paul Dixon at Dundee Utd.