Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I accept your point but Ashley Young was in his last year yet still cost Man Utd about �£20M.

That said, doesn't your point about debt sorta reinforce why these teams are trying to rake in so much for players?

There's also the bizarre interest in Edu for 3M Euros. Bougherra isn't great, so he is not attracting the bids - he didn't last summer, and he hasn't this summer either. Whittaker is because the Turks got Miller on the cheap so think they can do it again. And are shocked that we're playing hardball this time.

We really shouldn't be comparing ourselves to the EPL we like to but we shouldn't. Its fantasy land compared to our league with all these rich owners and sky's money. As for the debt yes they should reduce it, however if its about this time in August and they aren't sold then they will cave, greed will get the better of most of these teams.

Edu is still and international player and has some talent hidden away but it wasn't there last season. Bougherra is also the same. Whittaker has been turned and his mate is there as well, I also found it disrespectful from his agent saying we should cash in on him with a poor, poor bid.

To me it just gets boring when the same people attack the same players and managers online yet give hardly no credit when they do well. Doing it once or twice fair enough but it's like it's personal to say 'I'm right I told you he's crap' when someone has a bad game or the team plays the wrong tactics and we get beat. If it was that easy we'd all be top class footballers and managers :)

If you don't rate a player, then even if others believe he's done well in a match you might disagree, because your own personal bias clouds your judgement.

I stopped rating Edu last year, and even though he was marginally less bad in the split many fans said he was actually 'good' which I disagree with completely. Am I being unfair, accurate, irrational, what?

It's hard to judge who's right and wrong because there is no correct answer. It's completely subjective and based on opinion.

Yes, I quoted you. Does that mean that everything in my response to that post needs to be related to your prior post, and yours alone ? Or am I at liberty to also comment on others who have also made negative statements and try to encapsulate it in the one, single post ?

What you normally do is quote and then post your reply below it. If you wish to reply to someone else you normally stick their quote under that and then reply and so on.

It's hard to judge who's right and wrong because there is no correct answer. It's completely subjective and based on opinion.

100% spot on yet there's some who'll fight tooth and nail to make you change your mind or at least try to change it and can't accept the fact that someone else has an opinion that differs from theirs.

You're fishing right gazza?

Some of the crap that was said about Walter after we got beat sometimes was embarassing surely you must admit that! Then the usual players such as McCulloch, Lafferty, Edu etc can't even have a bad pass without getting slated by some on here, and it's usually from the same people. I don't care who doesn't like/rate who but as soon they have a bad game they get slated, they don't get as much praise when they play well.

Rangers fans were wanting Walter SACKED after the game against the Tarriers!!!!

Rangers fans were wanting Walter SACKED after the game against the Tarriers!!!!

Yep, a good number of people on here said he should just leave then and there. Come the end of the season when we lifted the trophy some of the same guys were all loved up with him again.

Yep, a good number of people on here said he should just leave then and there. Come the end of the season when we lifted the trophy some of the same guys were all loved up with him again.

Is the old football cliche I'm about to quote true?

That you are only as good as your last game?

You're fishing right gazza?

Some of the crap that was said about Walter after we got beat sometimes was embarassing surely you must admit that! Then the usual players such as McCulloch, Lafferty, Edu etc can't even have a bad pass without getting slated by some on here, and it's usually from the same people. I don't care who doesn't like/rate who but as soon they have a bad game they get slated, they don't get as much praise when they play well.

Fishing? Nah.

Players like Lafferty and Edu deserved to be slated. Like I said, apart from a game here or there (moreso edu) they've been gash. Yes, Lafferty scored a good few goals in the last 5 games of the season but as I said on the day we won the league, he needs to be more consistent. Five good games doesn't do it for me. He certainly hasn't won me over. As for Edu, the less said about him the better.

McCulloch? I like him. He's exactly what we need - grit, determination and fight. If he never got injured I reckon he'd have been a shoe-in for our POTY.

Fishing? Nah.

Players like Lafferty and Edu deserved to be slated. Like I said, apart from a game here or there (moreso edu) they've been gash. Yes, Lafferty scored a good few goals in the last 5 games of the season but as I said on the day we won the league, he needs to be more consistent. Five good games doesn't do it for me. He certainly hasn't won me over.

I had a dream last night that I met Lafferty and asked him if his Facebook page was really his. He refused to answer me and ran away.