Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

In the same vein those who post negative stuff about the board should also get a grip ! You honestly think that McCoist should be judged already ? Been in the job a month and has had a holiday, some charity work and some scouting work in that time - so he has probably been behind the desk, fully focussed on the job at hand for a week - and you think he should already be judged ?

Having blue tinted specs on doesnt necessarily mean that those taking that stance wont hear a bad word about Rangers - could just as easily be that they have a more balanced, reasoned approach to things.

As you say, some need to get a grip, but it isnt necessarily those with the blue-tinted specs on.

Hmmmmmm, point me to the post in this thread where I said that please.

I would say, on here most get shot down for their criticism being totally unfair and unreasonable. The criticism is thousands of times more judgemental than the critics are of themselves. I would bet none of the critics live up to their own standards they apply to Walter Smith and Ally McCoist in their careers, and should probably quit their jobs now in shame.

The current criticism of McCoist is bordering on incomprehensible. To me it's a bit like criticising someone who keeps trying to buy several of a similar thing on ebay but then is outbid, sometimes at the last minute. If they are putting in reasonably high bids for the value of the item but some people are prepared to get into debt to give over the top bids, or are just a hell of a lot richer, then is that person incompetent?

We're not putting in high bids though. We're putting in embarrassing bids.

The only criticism levelled at McCoist is that he seems to be telling the world who we're interested in when he should be keeping his cards close to his chest. I criticism I think is 100% spot on because what he is doing right now isn't working. But it's Super Ally so we can give him the benefit of the doubt.

Hmmmmmmmmm, point me to where in my post I specifically said YOU, please

Well you quoted me. If you didn't want me to think your comment was aimed at me, why quote me?

Actually the only 2 criticisms I ever had of him were saying we won't go to 3M for Cuellar (something most agreed on) and that he had a strange fixation of Whittaker (which most agree on).

I appraised him overall which I am surely allowed to do.

I hope the minority attitude of his immunity from criticism will not continue regardless of what he does. But I know it will from some quarters.

No one has said he is immune from criticism. People, not just myself, are questioning why you think it is valid to appriase him overall and criticise him when he has only had effectively a week in the job. It is pretty absurd really.

In another post you say you are very positive about other aspects of his lengthy tenure so far. I find that absurd too.

To me the entire McCoist debate so far that you have sparked is typical of the snap judgements you have made on here before. I remember your opinions on Lafferty flip-flopping quite wildly too.

No one is attacking the right to criticise club employees. People, mosly myself admittedly, are questioning the requirement, the value of and the rationale behind judging someone after a ridiculously short period of time and also judging them on something they have a far smaller input to (completing transfers) than several others at the club.

Welcome to 1pm today mate. ;)

Sorry mate, i'm probably the only Rangers fan that doesn't know anyone at Ibrox, like you seem to do. I use reliable sources, not guess work in the hope i get it right to look in the know.