Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I think it's just he can't understand (like me) how a manager can get questioned without 1. playing a game and 2. for lack of transfers when it's not his place to sign players mate.

Actually the only 2 criticisms I ever had of him were saying we won't go to 3M for Cuellar (something most agreed on) and that he had a strange fixation of Whittaker (which most agree on).

I appraised him overall which I am surely allowed to do.

I hope the minority attitude of his immunity from criticism will not continue regardless of what he does. But I know it will from some quarters.

Vladimir Weiss 'visiting' Glasgow tomorrow according to his Twitter... :whistle:

What annoys me about his and so many other Twitters is he tweets but never ever replies to anyone.

People come on here and post negative things about Rangers, the board, the coaching staff and the players and more often than not they're shot down in flames simply because people can't have a bad word said about they club they support.

Those blue tinted specs must be stuck on. Some people need to get a grip!

In the same vein those who post negative stuff about the board should also get a grip ! You honestly think that McCoist should be judged already ? Been in the job a month and has had a holiday, some charity work and some scouting work in that time - so he has probably been behind the desk, fully focussed on the job at hand for a week - and you think he should already be judged ?

Having blue tinted specs on doesnt necessarily mean that those taking that stance wont hear a bad word about Rangers - could just as easily be that they have a more balanced, reasoned approach to things.

As you say, some need to get a grip, but it isnt necessarily those with the blue-tinted specs on.

People come on here and post negative things about Rangers, the board, the coaching staff and the players and more often than not they're shot down in flames simply because people can't have a bad word said about they club they support.

Those blue tinted specs must be stuck on. Some people need to get a grip!

I would say, on here most get shot down for their criticism being totally unfair and unreasonable. The criticism is thousands of times more judgemental than the critics are of themselves. I would bet none of the critics live up to their own standards they apply to Walter Smith and Ally McCoist in their careers, and should probably quit their jobs now in shame.

The current criticism of McCoist is bordering on incomprehensible. To me it's a bit like criticising someone who keeps trying to buy several of a similar thing on ebay but then is outbid, sometimes at the last minute. If they are putting in reasonably high bids for the value of the item but some people are prepared to get into debt to give over the top bids, or are just a hell of a lot richer, then is that person incompetent?

I don't think so - especially if they get decent alternatives in time for when they need them.

The time to truly judge Ally, is the end of the season, or if he ever makes a complete hash of it like PLG.

Actually the only 2 criticisms I ever had of him were saying we won't go to 3M for Cuellar (something most agreed on) and that he had a strange fixation of Whittaker (which most agree on).

I appraised him overall which I am surely allowed to do.

I hope the minority attitude of his immunity from criticism will not continue regardless of what he does. But I know it will from some quarters.

I would like to think not too. If we are playing poorly and/or not achieving results then I would imagine that even the great Alistair McCoist would come in for some severe criticism.

I know it was over 2 decades ago but the great John Greig suffered a torrent of abuse when his managerial failings were there for all to see - I suspect he would be a barometer that even great Rangers players should not be immune to criticism when in the manager's position.

I agree you are allowed to appraise him overall, but I also think that it is too early in his tenure to judge objectively. At 3pm on July 23rd will be the first judging of him, the games thereafter leading up to the closing of the transfer window on August 31st.

I would like to think not too. If we are playing poorly and/or not achieving results then I would imagine that even the great Alistair McCoist would come in for some severe criticism.

I know it was over 2 decades ago but the great John Greig suffered a torrent of abuse when his managerial failings were there for all to see - I suspect he would be a barometer that even great Rangers players should not be immune to criticism when in the manager's position.

I agree you are allowed to appraise him overall, but I also think that it is too early in his tenure to judge objectively. At 3pm on July 23rd will be the first judging of him, the games thereafter leading up to the closing of the transfer window on August 31st.

To be a pedantic goit, I nor anyone else will ever be able to judge objectively. It's an oxymoron.

As for the rest, I only ever gave opinion on a small selection of aspects. Some I was very positive about, such as how active in the transfer market he is, and today, signing up Healy for another year. But others deserved criticism, which I gave, and got my head blown off from some quarters. Your posts towards me on this subject have been constructive, fair and level headed. Not all have.

And so do the ones who post the stuff that's well over the top don't you think? Some of the negative stuff posted about certain players and especially one of the greatest managers we've ever had and what he did for us was shameful. There's nothing wrong if you don't like any player or manager but some comments get pretty bad.

What's been said that's over the top?

The certain players who received criticism from the fans deserved it. Players like Lafferty and Edu in particular were for the most part of the season and in Ediu's case, the full season, anonymous. It was only when our Walter Smith took the shackles off the team that they started to perform to an acceptable level (Edu aside).

For about 65% of the season we played some of the worst football in my lifetime and for that reason Walter Smith deserves to be criticised. Yes, we won the majority of these games but I expect better from Rangers.

No one is exempt from criticism but a few think otherwise.