Statement from The Blue Order and Union Bears

No it's not but to some people "No Surrender" carries sectarian or political connotations.

Some people believe that the Bouncy/the Sash/Derry's Walls are sectarian.

Whilst I don't totally disagree with the point, I don't think that we should be dictated to by those who want to be offended, and also I doubt that the inclusion of NS will have much impact on the people that will actually take notice of the statement.

The powers that be have made a right Noel Hunt of this alleged Sectarian epidemic nonsense, I don't get what they are trying to achieve at all. It can't be for votes because the critical mass of population in Scotland are confused or just plain ignorant of what sectarianism actually is. If they do come out and define what is and what isn't then all it will do is encourage both sides to push the boundaries and it's back to square one.

Waste of time and money.

Regardless of the NS comment, all I would say is compare the Blue Order statement to that of the Green Brigade. What started out in a similar vein to many of the representations that were made to the Justice Committee reviewing the proposed bill; and also a similar vein to the BO statement, then descended into paranoid farce where they sought to justify their use of the word "hun", and to trot out the tired old arguments about their singing/chanting being political rather than sectarian.

You ask the average guy or woman in the street who knows nothing about football what's sectarian they will tell you Rangers because that's all they are hearing at the moment it would break your heart the way we are being portrayed in the media and it will take years of positive press to change this.

So it's just cringeworthy to utter the words No Surrender no wonder we are getting knocked from pillar to post by everyone and his mate. Jesus Wept

I agree with Gav. No Surrender is a term we use as fans, we all know that. However, when making what looks like an official statement on what is a very serious issue there is absolutely no reason to finish the statement with No Surrender.

It makes the statement look childish IMO.

If you are going to make a professional statement then keep it professional throughout.

No surrender was included because, IIRC, it's the motto of the UB's... It wasn't used as any gesture.

Regardless, the UB's have to also pay attention to the audience - and the audience isnt merely fellow UB's.

Ok final word on this from me they are a fans group not a government or private body making a news statement they were speaking as fans to as I read it there fellow fans to tell them what had happened and not to believe the crap that had appeared in the papers if am wrong so be it but no one will tell me not to use No Surrender for any reason already been told enough what I can and can't say and I would think that's how the BO/UB feel as well.

Ok final word on this from me they are a fans group not a government or private body making a news statement they were speaking as fans to as I read it there fellow fans to tell them what had happened and not to believe the crap that had appeared in the papers if am wrong so be it but no one will tell me not to use No Surrender for any reason already been told enough what I can and can't say and I would think that's how the BO/UB feel as well.

You can say what you like and people will think of you as childish if they like. If you actually want to achieve something, sometimes it's usually better to show more maturity.

Maturity is doing what's best for you and your cause, in preference to just doing what you want to do.

You may or may not be right about the "No surrender" but I don't see your attitude as very mature.