All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

Press conference:

Jelavic is ill

McCoist says that Pawel Brozek and Hamid Sahili are both players that he is looking at but there is nothing concrete to report.

McCoist says that it was a club decision to not pursue a further interest in Uchebo after speaking to Durrant & McDowall.

McCoist says that the club was not in a position to make Jaager an offer.

McCoist says that he is not closing the door on Jagger and he will look at it again if he is in a position to.

Press conference:

McCoist says that the club was not in a position to make Jaager an offer.

McCoist says that he is not closing the door on Jagger and he will look at it again if he is in a position to.

I wonder what Jaager makes of all this? Comes over here on trial, impresses, told he'll be offered a contract when the club can afford it and then leaves. How can a club not afford to sign a freebie? Where's Weir and Flecks wages gone?

I wonder what Jaager makes of all this? Comes over here on trial, impresses, told he'll be offered a contract when the club can afford it and then leaves. How can a club not afford to sign a freebie? Where's Weir and Flecks wages gone?

depends on the terms he's looking for!!!

CASH-RICH Russians CSKA Moscow could be set to test Rangers’ resolve – by tabling a bumper £8million bid for striker Nikica Jelavic.

Ibrox owner Craig Whyte is trying to hold out for at least £9m for Scotland’s top scorer.

But CSKA’s offer – just £1m below their asking price – could seriously tempt them to part company with the Croatian hitman.

CSKA have money to spend after selling Brazilian ace Vagner Love to Flamengo in his homeland for £9m.

However, the Moscow club have until February 24 before their transfer window closes, so they may be in no hurry to sign Jelavic.

It looks as if West Ham have ended their interest in signing the 26-year-old after their offer, £5m million plus add-ons taking the deal to £7m, was rejected by Rangers.

The Hammers now look certain to turn their attention to one-time Celtic target Jordan Rhodes and make a £4m offer to Huddersfield for the young Scot.

Rangers boss Ally McCoist, though, is braced for the loss of Jelavic before Tuesday’s transfer deadline. He has plans in place to bring in two strikers if he goes.

Nigerian striker Michael Uchebo, however, will not be one of them. He was on trial at Murray Park yesterday, but was told after just one training session that the Glasgow club would not be signing him.

The 6ft 6in 21-year-old is hoping to win a move to a bigger club after agreeing to move on from Dutch club VVV Venlo.

Venlo’s claims that they have agreed a £1m fee with Rangers, and a transfer is set to be done once the player has completed a medical, are well wide of the mark.

McCoist is believed to be interested in Uchebo’s countryman Kalu Uche. The 29-year-old, 34-times capped international is a free agent after parting company with Neuchatel Xamax.

Albanian Hamdi Salihi, who is available for around £400,000 after falling out with Rapid Vienna coach Peter Schottel, is another player on the Rangers boss’s radar.

He has been talking to former Rapid team-mate Jelavic about possibly replacing him, and said: "I’ve spoken to Nik on the phone. He told me Rangers are a great club so I am very keen on a move to Glasgow. It would be a huge opportunity for me."

Rangers are also in talks with Turkish club Trabzonspor in an attempt to arrange a loan deal for Polish striker Pawel Brozek.

Meanwhile, free agent Luigi Bruins and Jorge Claros are still on trial and are hopeful of winning contracts – but the latter’s Honduran club, Motagua, say they want £800,000 for their player, although he could come on loan first with a view to a permanent deal in the summer.

Polish club Lech Poznan are interested in taking Spanish midfielder Juanma Ortiz.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/russian-giants-line-up-nikica-jelavic-deal-1.1145447