All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

LIVERPOOL are back on the trail of Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic.

Kop boss Kenny Dalglish failed in a dramatic late bid for the Ibrox hitman at the end of the summer transfer window.

But now he is ready to swoop once again — and hopes a £7.5million bid will seal a deal for the Croat striker.

Dalglish and Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli are scouring Europe for a proven goalscorer, and Anfield sources have confirmed prolific hitman Jelavic is high on their list of January targets.

But Dalglish will face competition from fellow Premier League side West Brom and ambitious Championship club Leicester.

Dalglish is desperate to secure a top- four finish and a Champions League place — but his side are currently seventh suffering from an acute lack of goals.

Record £35m buy Andy Carroll has scored just three times this season — and one of them was against Exeter in the Carling Cup. Luis Suarez has netted seven.

Jelavic is already on 12 after scoring an impressive 19 in his injury-hit first term following a £4m move from Rapid Vienna.

With Leicester and West Brom also circling and Steven Naismith out for the season, Light Blues boss Ally McCoist is desperately hoping that club owner Craig Whyte will fend off all offers for his star striker

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3985312/Nik-back-on-Kennys-Kop-wishlist.html#ixzz1fxdevTuX

JOHN WARK wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry if Liverpool bought Nikica Jelavic in January.

Scotland legend Wark is convinced close pal Kenny Dalglish would kill off his beloved Rangers' hopes of four-in-a-row by grabbing the prolific Croat.

But ex-Anfield idol Wark is also certain Jelavic would take the Reds to the next level in the Premier League.

SunSport revealed yesterday Liverpool manager Dalglish has resurrected his interest in Jelavic after a failed summer transfer window move.

Wark said: "It would be a massive blow for Rangers if they lost Jelavic. Bad enough to lose them the league — and I would be very disappointed about that.

"But he'd also be a brilliant signing for Liverpool. I've no doubts Jelavic would be good enough for my old club.

"Liverpool need another proven goalscorer to give Luis Suarez some support because Andy Carroll is finding things difficult.

"And I'm sure a Suarez-Jelavic partnership would be fantastic.

"Jelavic would become an even better player surrounded by the guys at Liverpool.

"Dalglish wants to get them back as title challengers and that will take a bit of time.

"Jelavic is the type of player who can help restore the status Liverpool once had.

"But I've always been a Rangers supporter, so it's a very difficult one for me!

"Liverpool's a great club and it was special for me to play for them.

"I still turn out for the club's legends team and I'll be back at Anfield on the 18th for the former players' Christmas party.

"I'll hopefully see Kenny then and I'll be telling him to keep his hands off Jelavic.

"I'd be happier if he found another striker."

Wark has seen enough Jelavic goals on TV to feel sure he would become the new darling of the Kop.

He added: "Jelavic scores all kinds of goals and he looks a very good player.

"He's got great movement, plenty of skill and is a strong finisher.

"He's an intelligent striker and he would get plenty of chances at Liverpool.

"To have someone like Kenny watching you is about as good a compliment as you can get. He's made some excellent signings. He knows a player.

"Carroll cost £35million and there's a lot of pressure on him.

"But he's at Liverpool on a five-year deal and I'm sure he'll eventually settle and do well.

"Carroll could be a good player for them, but the problem is he has only scored three goals this season.

"Dalglish needs to get someone in up front and I can understand him being interested in Jelavic.

"But I wouldn't like him to leave Rangers. Without Jelavic they would only have Kyle Lafferty available.

"It would be hard for Jelavic to turn down Liverpool.

"I'm also worried about the money situation at Rangers. It would be very difficult for them to knock back big money for Jelavic or any of their top men."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3987781/Ill-plead-with-Kenny-not-to-go-for-Jelavic.html#ixzz1fziWEM6N

You mean on or off the park? I would assume no-one has any idea what happened to him in China, do you?

Are you a relation of Riordan ?

You seem very keen to see him in a Rangers jersey.

I would be VERY disgruntled if this wee scrote of a person played for Rangers. He is a neanderthalic wee tosspot.

Are you a relation of Riordan ?

You seem very keen to see him in a Rangers jersey.

I would be VERY disgruntled if this wee scrote of a person played for Rangers. He is a neanderthalic wee tosspot.

Honest opinion? I know next to nothing about his private life or his behavior these last 20odd years. I stay pretty objective in relation to his football ability though ... and no matter how you turn it, he's got a SPL goalscoring record that seeks its equals outside the Old Firm, he's high in the assist charts as well. Probably the one Hibs player these last half-decade that helped them stay at least in the mid-table at the end of the season. Hence a link to us - since he's a freebie, sure willing to perform at a decent level and for a big club - might not be too far fetched.

China ... was the only way out it seems - at the time. I for one do not want to hazard a gues what football and football people in China are like.

Nerd? Well, people grow up. Not saying that he will. We've seen some "strong characters" at Ibrox too, tamed by the former managers.

Edited by der Berliner

Riorden is a bad egg and it would be unwise to sign him. That said, Diouf didn't exactly work out THAT badly - he just didn't turn out to be very good in the end. But he caused no problem in terms of personality.

RANGERS will only consider selling star-man Nikica Jelavic next month if any interested clubs trigger their £10million valuation of the Croatian striker.

Speculation continues to grow that Jelavic will be sold when the January transfer window opens, with Liverpool and West Brom said to be tracking the player and weighing up £7.5m offers.

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has held fresh talks with Jelavic over his future, and has been assured that he is happy and is not desperate to leave.

That said, the club’s hierarchy are acutely aware there is interest in the man signed from Rapid Vienna 18 months ago for £4m.

A senior source, however, told SportTimes there has been no contact from either Liverpool or West Brom.

No bids have been tabled for Jelavic since the last hours of the transfer window in August, when an agent made Rangers aware that Leicester would be willing to up their previously rejected £6m offer for the 26-year-old to £8m, plus a further £1m in add-ons dependent on several clauses.

McCoist met owner and chairman Craig Whyte last night to discuss the transfer strategy for January, and it is believed it will take the sum of £10m for Gers to be tempted to do any business on Jelavic.

Although no approaches have been made yet to his agent for discussions to increase the salary and length of his current contract – which has two-and-a-half years still to run – this has not been ruled out as Rangers look to fully protect their main asset.

Despite ongoing concerns over the club’s finances, we understand that McCoist has been assured by Whyte that a budget will be there for him to pursue new faces – although it won’t be massive and will require some smart shopping from the man who is trying to drive Rangers on to four-in-a-row.

He has also been told that there is no demand for star players to be sold, although Whyte knows that given the financial climate in Scotland, massive offers will be impossible to resist.

McCoist’s concern was whether he will be given funds to buy replacements if, for instance, someone met their valuation of Jelavic, but he has been told that money would be there for him to bring new players in, with strikers and wide midfielders a priority.

Fringe players such as club captain Davie Weir, John Fleck, Northern Ireland striker David Healy and Spanish midfielder Juan Ortiz, who only arrived in the summer, could all move on next month to boost McCoist’s kitty and release wages.

I would rather John Fleck went on loan. I would not want another Charlie Adam, but it does seem the falling out between McCoist and Fleck is still there oh and probably Flecks rumoured drinking habits. I also have to ask what about Kerkar as well he has played less than Healy and been here longer, his mate is gone and he isn't exactly been in the team at all, waste of a wage even with his tag of being a "hero" is worn off badly.