All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

I have to admit a level of disquiet at the number of stories, mischief making or not, linking our best players with leaving.

I don't recall it being quite as rife as this before the last window.

FORMER Rangers defender Carlos Cuellar is set to leave Aston Villa next month – but the Spaniard will not be making a dramatic return to Ibrox.

Cuellar was one of a host of defensive options on Gers boss Ally McCoist’s radar during the summer as he attempted to strengthen his squad, but no deal was put in place.

Cuellar has fallen out of favour with Villa Park boss Alex McLeish and is set to leave the Midlands when the transfer window re-opens.

A return to Glasgow would be popular with the Rangers support but attacking reinforcements are likely to be McCoist’s priority.

Meanwhile, Thomas Bendiksen is in talks with Tromso over a move.

The 22-year-old has been offered a new deal to extend his stay in Glasgow but could return home to Norway.

Bendiksen said: “Rangers have offered me an extension of two-and-a-half years from January 1.

“I’m considering that and my agent and the club are continuing to talk. I will consider all the options I have before making a decision.

“Talks with Tromso are going well, but I don’t want to say any more about that. My agent is taking care of it so I can concentrate on football.”

Elsewhere, Rangers have distanced themselves from a move for Semir Stilic.

The 24-year-old was linked with a switch to Ibrox in his homeland but the Bosnian midfielder is not a target for McCoist.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/no-ibrox-return-now-for-carlos-cuellar-1.1139366