Rangers owner Craig Whyte may have lied in court case

He has to earn respect, he doesn't deserve it automatically because he is the owner of Rangers FC. I find your analogies quite reprehensible.

They are entitled to pose the question "Is he a fit and proper person" (within the meaning of the SFA Rules) to be the owner of Rangers.

Rangers are a Scottish Institution and their ownership is a matter of public interest.

You're taking the piss right?

Mr Whyte deserves the respect from the BBC as does anyone who is a license fee payer to their agenda driven witch hunts. Not forgetting his automatic right to respect as a human being, or are you conveniently forgetting respect should be automatically given and not "earned" as in the articles of of human rights enshrined by the United Nations, the BBC as far as i can see have broken two of those laws.

Article 1.

•All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Article 12.

•No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

To me this latest story is simple in its intentions.

It is suggesting that Mr Whyte was disqualified for unlawfully changing the creditor situation for one of his previous businesses. Meanwhile, if we go into administration then the key strategy is that of Whyte being preferred creditor.

Pressure is being put on the authorities to minimise the manoeuvrability of Whyte in this regard.

The problem with the BBC is that they are self-controlled. No Ofcom et al making sure they stick to basic principle, only a BBC Trust looking into that, AFTER you have complained to the BBC directly and are not satisfied. It is essentially not very different to what UEFA did with Sion, i.e. asking an UEFA selected "independent" court of arbitration to settle the issue, rather than the Swiss law courts. You could as well ask the Vatican to act as an independent tribunal in a dispute between the Anglican and the Roman Catholic Church of England.

In any case, people have to make the first step and complain to the BBC, the BBC Trust and make Ofcom aware of BBC Scotland's antics. For AFAIK, Ofcom is challenging the BBC hard for their aloofness and "being untouchable" (when they long since have ceased to be solely dependent on license fee payers) ... and need ammunition.

He has to earn respect, he doesn't deserve it automatically because he is the owner of Rangers FC. I find your analogies quite reprehensible.

They are entitled to pose the question "Is he a fit and proper person" (within the meaning of the SFA Rules) to be the owner of Rangers.

Rangers are a Scottish Institution and their ownership is a matter of public interest.

You'll be calling for all the owners or majority shareholders to get the same scrutiny as CW is getting then. If that's what you want then carry on let's see a full exclusive on Dirty Des and Mad Vlad.

I won't hold my breath on the bigots at Pacific Quay doing it thou.

It's not a matter of public interest no public money goes into Rangers only Rangers fans money, unlike the publicly funded BBC maybe someone should be asking why so much of our money is being spent on a witch hunt against one man. Which in 10 months has found out nothing except he might have done this or he might have done that, an absolute disgrace.

Edited by GovanAllan

I don't think he is the person to be the owner of Rangers.

He may have lied in Court, he also may have lied to the Support.

I support Rangers, not Craig Whyte, they are not the same.

You're spot on with everything you say, but for the BBC to ignore the slashing of a Celtic fan by another Celtic fan and instead lead with this conjecture of a headline story does suggest there are people in Pacific Quay who wield the power and hate Rangers. They appear to be controlling this anti-Whyte campaign and it's tiresome.

You CANNOT make a story when you don't even know the facts. 'May' have lied? That's their story? Not 'DID LIE' - just 'may'. Not good enough for a supposed serious broadcaster.

I don't buy the media bias conspiracy in general, but this is pretty obvious even to me by the BBC.

How to get ahead in advertising script (Bagley is an advertising agent who sometimes works for cigarette companies and has suddenly acquired a conscience):

Businessman 1 (Donald Hoath): I see the police have made another lightning raid... Paddington drug orgy.

Priest (Gordon Gostelow): I suppose young girls was involved?

Businessman 1: (reading the newspaper) One discovered naked in the kitchen...breasts smeared with peanut butter. The police took away a bag containing 15 grams of cannabis resin... it may also contain a quantity of heroin.

Bagley: Or a pork pie.

Businessman 1: I beg your pardon.

Bagley: I said the bag may also have contained a pork pie.

Businessman 1: I hardly see a pork pie's got anything to do with it.

Bagley: Alright then, what about a large turnip. It might also have contained a big turnip.

Priest: The bag was full of drugs.

Bagley: Nonsense.

Priest: The bag was full of drugs, it says so.

Bagley: The bag could've been full of anything. Pork pies, turnips, oven parts... it's the oldest trick in the book.

Priest: What book?

Bagley: The distortion of truth by association book. The word is "may." You all believe heroin was in the bag because cannabis resin was in the bag. The bag may have contained heroin, but the chances are 100 to 1 certain that it didn't.

Businessman 1: A lot more likely than what you say.

Bagley: About as likely as the tits spread with peanut butter.

Businessman 2 (John Levitt): Do you mind?

Priest: The tits WERE spread with peanut butter!

Bagley: Nonsense.

Priest: It says so! Who's the man you are to think you know more about it than the press?

Bagley: I'm an expert on tits. Tits and peanut butter. I'm also an expert drug pusher... I've been pushing drugs for 20 years...

Businessman 2: Look here, I've had enough of this.

Bagley: ...And I can tell you a pusher protects his pitch. We want to sell them cigarettes, and don't like competition, see? So we associate a relatively innocuous drug with one that is extremely dangerous, and the rags go along with it because they adore the dough from the ads.

You're spot on with everything you say, but for the BBC to ignore the slashing of a Celtic fan by another Celtic fan and instead lead with this conjecture of a headline story does suggest there are people in Pacific Quay who wield the power and hate Rangers. They appear to be controlling this anti-Whyte campaign and it's tiresome.

You CANNOT make a story when you don't even know the facts. 'May' have lied? That's their story? Not 'DID LIE' - just 'may'. Not good enough for a supposed serious broadcaster.

I don't buy the media bias conspiracy in general, but this is pretty us even to me by the BBC.

I agree on your criticism of the media, they are out to get Whyte, though I have to say he has brought a lot of it on himself.

The thing is, because the media attacks Whyte, it doesn't follow that I should support him, not if I think he is bad news for Rangers.

I agree on your criticism of the media, they are out to get Whyte, though I have to say he has brought a lot of it on himself.

The thing is, because the media attacks Whyte, it doesn't follow that I should support him, not if I think he is bad news for Rangers.

The only thing I can see that he brought on himself was being so stupid as to buy Rangers in a country full of Rangers haters. If he went f#*k this for a game of dominos I'm off and really left us whistling in the wind I wouldn't blame.

I hope he doesn't because that's just what all those Rangers haters want.