Just accept the transfer embargo and let's get on with it FFS!

Agreed, not a bad line up, but what happens when we get injuries to experienced players?

If the embargo needs to stand we're going to have to look at bringing in some young talent with experience. Just think about the amount of experience young lads like Fleck & Fyvie had before they turned 18!! Fleck had played in about 40 games for us before he turned 19 and Fyvie had played something like 50 SPL games before he turned 19 a couple of months ago.

I doubt if Green is going to have much transfer money for Ally, but I do think we can do this and get promoted from the 3rd even with the transfer embargo. We just need to supplement what we have with a few clever U18 signings and if those signings are clever enough these young players could be worth a LOT of money when we get back to the SPL.

'Regan attended St Bede's RC School in County Durham.

He was headhunted for the SFA job by Paul Nolan of Nolan Partners.

This company is a business partner of Celtic.

Paul Nolan is supposedly a friend of John Reid....

Regan has previous business links with Peter Lawwell(Coors and Carling)

Stewart Regan is a sellik puppet.'

I remember a television programme where the theme tune stated: It is better to have fought and lost than not to have fought at all. Maybe some of the oldies with a better memory than me will remember the name of the programme.

Id only accept the embargo on the terms that they allow us to buy / loan a couple of players first to replace players who have left but before a certain date....this to purely allow us to have a sizeable squad to get through the season, then it can kick in from Aug 15 (for eg) for 1 season.

I remember a television programme where the theme tune stated: It is better to have fought and lost than not to have fought at all. Maybe some of the oldies with a better memory than me will remember the name of the programme.

"The Flashing Blade". Saturday morning, dubbed French childrens' series from the 60s.

Id only accept the embargo on the terms that they allow us to buy / loan a couple of players first to replace players who have left but before a certain date....this to purely allow us to have a sizeable squad to get through the season, then it can kick in from Aug 15 (for eg) for 1 season.

The problem I'm seeing with this is the consequence (not 'punishment') of it effectively being a season and half transfer embargo as opposed to the original single season travesty of justice.

Guest carter001

If the embargo has to be accepted, to allow us to move on and play this season, a compromise might be getting the age restriction increased. If it could be increased to players under 21 then we could at least get players with some experience.

With the money we will have available we are not going to buy the best players available but, we may get players that would get us out of div 3 and div 2, then look to boost the squad for div 1 and back to SPL.

As much as i'd like green to walk in and tell them to shove it up their arse, I don't think he is in a position to. If we refuse and we are not given a license then we are effectively gone for good. new teams are meant to have 3 years accounts before being given a license. As far as i'm aware they are bending the rules to offer us the oldco's license. If we tell them to shove the sanctions do they refuse the license, and would they then offer it to other non-league teams, effectively putting us out the game for 3 years or until another place became available (which might not be that long if the tv deal falls through)?