registration ban stands.

Not much is obvious in this whole mess, but we certainly shouldn't accept any stripping of titles. That's obvious. If Green & Co accept that they'll be hunted out of Ibrox.

The stripping of league titles shouldn't even be getting discussed in relation to the SFA membership - it is nothing to do with the SFA, and nothing to do with why we require the license transfer. Also, the reason for title stripping hasn't even be concluded yet.

Why are the SPL even involved in the SFA license process???

I have already said i could not care less, they cant take them away from me. It will open a can of worms that will destroy the SPL and SFA if Rangers loose titles.

I do care. In actual fact until we see the evidence I don't think we can say one way or the other about stripping titles. My concern is that we won't see anything. We will be presented with a fait accomplit just the same as the illegal transfer ban and we will accept. We are being subjected to conditions that completely go against my sense of natural justice. We are being bullied in the same way as the SFL were bullied. I would like to see us saying "no".

I have already said i could not care less, they cant take them away from me. It will open a can of worms that will destroy the SPL and SFA if Rangers loose titles.

I am afraid I don't really care what you think I want the world to see the 5 stars on our jersey.

The stripping of league titles shouldn't even be getting discussed in relation to the SFA membership

It certainly shouldn't, but incredibly it does seem to be.

- it is nothing to do with the SFA, and nothing to do with why we require the license transfer.

Well technically speaking, the SPL are within the SFA's jurisdiction as Scottish football's governing body, so SPL matters are also SFA matters (so to speak). That's why we've seen so much collusion between them because when push comes to shove the pair of them can get together privately and decide the fate of not only clubs (as we've seen in our case), but Scottish football as whole.

Also, the reason for title stripping hasn't even be concluded yet.

Maybe it hasn't, but maybe it has. A lot of things seem to have been predetermined in our recent plight.

Why are the SPL even involved in the SFA license process???

Great question, although let's not forget that the SPL is a breakaway league which the SFA not only needs, but completely depends upon. :facepalm:

Edited by Zappa

Great question, although let's not forget that the SPL is a breakaway league which the SFA not only needs, but completely depends upon. :facepalm:

That's an interesting point but it depends on what you mean by "depends on". From a structural point of view, they do now because the SPL has one person on the main board and three on the professional game board; but not from a financial point of view, as I think I am correct in saying that most of the SFA's money is from international matches and sponsorship. The SPL has a high degree of influence over the SFA, might be a better way to put it!

Don't forget also that their offices are literally along the same corridor at Hampden, which is not as silly a point as it might seem.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

do we really know for sure the problem with the SPL is the removal of SPL titles ?

It seems to me that the SPL want exert to their pound of flesh. Having refused our application on the grounds of "sporting integrity", the result is that they have cost themsleves mega amounts of money, probably around £500,000 - £1,000,000 each and taking titles off us might make them feel better about it.

Sevco Scotland Ltd have agreed to the imposition of a 12-month registration embargo on Rangers newco as a condition of their application for membership of the Scottish Football Association.

In return for the transfer of the membership, Herald Sport understands Sevco Scotland Ltd have also agreed to pay all outstanding fines, football debts and court costs, even if a club statement last night claimed no agreement had yet been reached.

The registration embargo will begin on September 1, allowing Ally McCoist to add to his meagre squad in the coming weeks. Rangers will then be unable to sign players aged over 18 until August 31 next year. Although that date falls on a Saturday, Herald Sport also understands that the transfer window will not be extended to Monday, September 2, and so Rangers could only sign out of contract players until January 2014.

The agreement will now be ratified by an Independent Appellate Tribunal, likely to be convened early next week. Once granted membership, Rangers will be able to take their place in the Ramsdens Cup – with the opening tie against Brechin City in eight days – the Scottish Communities League Cup – in which they play East Fife the next weekend – and the third division, which kicks off on Saturday, August 11 with an away trip to Peterhead.

The registration embargo was imposed last April by an independent disciplinary tribunal, then upheld by an Appellate Tribunal. Rangers challenged the penalty at the Court of Session, since it was not on the list of available sanctions to the original tribunal, with Lord Glennie ruling in Rangers' favour and calling for the Appellate Tribunal to be reconvened.

With Rangers having now agreed to accept the embargo, the tribunal will meet to ratify the decision, although two of its original members – Lord Carloway and Craig Graham, of Spartans – have stood down. Sevco Scotland have also agreed to pay the £160,000 fine imposed for breaches of the rules under Craig Whyte's ownership, and to accept any other sanctions that arise.

"It has been agreed with Sevco Scotland Ltd that the registration embargo will be accepted as a primary condition of a transfer of membership," read an SFA statement. "It is necessary to complete the judicial process following the determination by Lord Glennie in the Court of Session that required the Independent Appellate Body to revisit available sanctions relating to Oldco, having been found guilty of bringing the game into disrepute.

"Sevco Scotland Ltd have also undertaken to accept all other outstanding conditions relating to oldco's charges. The Scottish FA has also received the financial information requested and this is being considered as part of the application process."

Sevco Scotland Ltd received a further financial setback yesterday with clarification that FIFA have granted international clearance for the free transfers of Jamie Ness, Kyle Lafferty, Stephen Naismith and Steven Whittaker. Charles Green, the Rangers chief executive, had claimed the club was due compensation.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/embargo-deal-gives-rangers-signing-window.18210074