Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

I've been a supporter of Ally but I'm struggling to defend him and his staff now. I'm not seeing many strides in the right direction here.

Our defending and passing is a joke. Even Alexander is pumping it long to a lone striker who is just going to flick it on to no1.

We also have disciplinary problems. Naismith was stupid and Black although his first booking was harsh,should have known better.

The question that should be asked on evidence of poor discipline and performances is are the players buying into Ally's philosophy?

Also Ally,please stop fucking around with the players at training. Start cracking the whip. The friendly approach isn't working. You're the boss this isn't a popularity contest.

I've been a fan of Billy Davies for a while now and I'll stick my neck out by saying I want him to take over. Overhaul the club. New scouting networks and coaches. Too many people at the club are going through the motions. It's getting to the point where I'm not bothered if I watch us or not.

I've seen us about 6 times this season and we've been mince every time. I'm sick of it. I and we as Rangers fans after all we've been through deserve so much more and we deserve to be heard and have questions answered.

Spot on Dan. Its not about going out to a SPL side in the cup, its the lack of improvement on the park against Div 3 sides in general. Ive always said a 1 off bad day at the office is allowed but we get too many in between a 6-2 against some part timers and everything is rosey when we bag 5 or 6 goals.

I like what Billy Davies has done at all his clubs in England. A lot of people praised Nigel Atkins for what he did at Southampton and thought the sacking was mad, it was the same as Davies at Derby. He took them from the bottom of the championship and promoted...he probably got them promoted too soon / early and wasnt prepared for the Premier league and as such Chairmen then overlook what the manager has done. He would certainly be a contender for me but not my first choice. Yet its not a debate at the moment as we still have McCoist at the helm.

Atkins would be a nice choice also. Thought they pumped him a little too quickly . Even though Ally is of course still in charge, this subject as seen in this thread will continue to be discussed as long as the team keeps failing to show consistent signs of improving.

Atkins would be a nice choice also. Thought they pumped him a little too quickly . Even though Ally is of course still in charge, this subject as seen in this thread will continue to be discussed as long as the team keeps failing to show consistent signs of improving.

Even if a new manager comes in there will be moaners from the start A moaner is a moaner no matter who is in charge. I am not aiming this at anyone in particular but it is just a fact. The moaning will start two minutes after he has signed the dotted line.

Even if a new manager comes in there will be moaners from the start A moaner is a moaner no matter who is in charge. I am not aiming this at anyone in particular but it is just a fact. The moaning will start two minutes after he has signed the dotted line.

Oh well then just leave things alone to go from bad to worse. :facepalm:

I have never thought of Super as management material, and so far he has proven me correct. My belief is that CG will act when he sees crowds dwindling and ST sales drop, already you see ST holders empty seats. The football is very very poor, it can not be allowed to go on like this we are missing a great opportunity to have a free flowing attacking team. Our young players are not being best served with our management team IMO.

Would hope that when the time comes CG gives Super an easy way out.

John Greig was a legend as a player. No greater Ranger. But he couldn't manage.

Might have succeeded if he had started low and worked his way up. Ferguson and O'Neil did that. Even Billy McNeil had some success and he started at Clyde.

Lesson there for Super.

John Greig was a legend as a player. No greater Ranger. But he couldn't manage.

Might have succeeded if he had started low and worked his way up. Ferguson and O'Neil did that. Even Billy McNeil had some success and he started at Clyde.

Lesson there for Super.

you are right mate but it isnt allys fault he became rangers manager, that blame lies with walter smith and david murray for almost forcing the job on super. he was never going to knock it back once offered it. both of those men should have known better. leaving us with ally was like one last parting shot from murray.

Edited by kuznetsov