Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Absolute nonsense, and you know it.

We were 4 points behind in the title race. Out of it ? Nonsense.

craig you are not balanced in any shape or form when it comes to Ally, we were already behind them and out of 4 cups, facts that you just dont seem to want to deal with but they are facts.

Also your other post is utter nonsense, we had 9 intenational players on the park at the w-end again a part time team and you could not tell the diff between the 2 teams. You have to deal with the fact he has been a disaster as a manager.

Agree he would be high on my list. I would also like us to try something new. Go and get either a spanish or dutch manager and same with all the coaching staff. And try it for more than 6 months this time. We need to change the clubs attitude to playing football imo.

Has Paulo Sergio found a new club yet thought he did a great job at Hearts.

some just can't seem to let it go, he's not going anywhere any time soon but they are just waiting for a bad result and seem to like posting about him failing, it must be personal but it's very petty and boring hearing the same stuff over and over.

not nearly as boring as hearing the same few people desperately trying to justify allys position.

Craig, why does everyone throw the 12 game unbeaten league run up to prove Ally has it, included in that run were cup humiliations that would rank as some of the worst in the clubs history, but it's ok because we didn't manage to get beat in the league. Then we lose our star player and the second horse in the two horse race starts running the rest is history.

The scary thing is we will win this league and the next we can spend to get there, I really hope Ally has it because if he doesn't Div1 will find him out very quickly or will it be SPL2 which if it came next season could be a disaster.

Because it happened. And because his detractors are conveniently ignoring it.

I for one remember full well those European defeats - I dont get to many games being over here but I was a pretty excited Bear taking my 7yr old to the Malmo game at Ibrox and, you know what ? We lost that game... yes, we did. However, do you recall ANY of what happened in the game ? It was the kind of game that could easily have ended up being 5-2 or 5-3 to us. Naismith missed TWO absolute sitters that night and there were plenty of other missed chances too. Malmo had their chances too but realistically, we had enough to score plenty ourselves.

So, if you recall, we lost thanks to an absolute howler from Whittaker and two missed sitters from one of our top 2 players. I am curious as to how those individual errors computes into being something the manager could have changed ?

I fully understand that, ultimately, results are the responsibility of the manager, and McCoist will be no different. If we drop points AND play shite then he will be on a very shoogly peg. Even if we dont drop points but play shite there will be plenty who want him gone. But when you have individual errors such as happened in the Malmo game then it is really tough to legislate for that as a manager. Where the failing would be is if the same errors perpetuated continually.

I still think that 3 games into the season to be talking about sacking him is far too early. This is, effectively, still our pre-season. We only just found out we would even be playing football this year.

craig you are not balanced in any shape or form when it comes to Ally, we were already behind them and out of 4 cups, facts that you just dont seem to want to deal with but they are facts.

Also your other post is utter nonsense, we had 9 intenational players on the park at the w-end again a part time team and you could not tell the diff between the 2 teams. You have to deal with the fact he has been a disaster as a manager.

Show me where I didnt accept that we were out of 4 cups.

4 points behind with a dozen games to go. No matter how you try to coat that it did NOT mean we were out of the title race. Sure, we may not have gone on to win it but you know you are absolutely wrong when you say we were out of it.

I do believe you are being a hypocrite because if there is anyone on this forum who is not balanced it is you Sir.

Show me where I didnt accept that we were out of 4 cups.

4 points behind with a dozen games to go. No matter how you try to coat that it did NOT mean we were out of the title race. Sure, we may not have gone on to win it but you know you are absolutely wrong when you say we were out of it.

I do believe you are being a hypocrite because if there is anyone on this forum who is not balanced it is you Sir.

With Ally i have stuck to facts, he has been rubbish, most can see it you cant and that up to you mate.

we have never had a "top" manager and will never again attract one. our current level is gus macpherson, terry butcher, jimmy calderwood, billy davies etc etc and quite frankly i would take any of them over ally. at least we know they can manage players, learn from mistakes and change things around when they are not working. lets be honest it would not be hard to improve on ally and co. i took a terrible disliking to eck when he was here, it was getting to that stage under walter as well, thankfully he walked away and i do not want to get like that with my favourite ever rangers player.

Why were you taking a terrible dislike to Walter ? 3 consecutive league titles, a bunch of domestic cups, a UEFA final.... and you were taking a "terrible dislike" to him ??

Not calling you out, just dont understand how you could feel that way.