Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

not nearly as boring as hearing the same few people desperately trying to justify allys position.

It isnt desperately trying to justify. It is trying to be reasoned.

We may disagree on this and it seems McCoist is quickly becoming the new Boyd in terms of splitting the support - but I havent seen ONE person on here say that Ally is the mutts nuts, more that people are suggesting he deserves time.

Some, such as yourself, disagree and think he has had more than enough time, which is fair enough. There are certainly alarm bells - but I would rather see where we are come the turn of the year when these guys have been playing together for 4 or 5 months and concentrating on just the football. Even if we are doing poorly (which is more likely performance wise than results wise) then we can make a managerial change and I am sure a new manager would still get us out of this league with the players we have.

It would be interesting to hear McCoists view on the tactics on Saturday - because we didnt use the long ball on Tuesday night at Ibrox, we kept it on the deck. I know managers change tactics from game to game based on opposition, pitch size, pitch quality etc etc - but I too would prefer to see us use a certain philosophy (i.e. keep the ball on the deck, short sharp passing and with movement all over the pitch) - but at Rangers, for right or wrong, results are more important than the philosophy for most of our fans.

Not that I want McCoist replaced.

But if he were to be replaced I would say someone like Mixu Paatelainen who I've always thought could do a job at this level (meaning Rangers not Div 3 haha!) given a chance or Stuart McCall. Both of whom I think would take the job if offered it.

mccoist could not get the european results le guen got. le guens failing was the attitude of scottish players in the dressing room, was that his fault though? debatable imo. saying that i dont believe these players are playing for ally and never have.

With Le Guen as manager we wouldnt have made Europe. So he wouldnt have had ANY European results.

Dont get me wrong, I would have liked to have seen Le Guen given more time (hey, at least I am consistent in wanting managers to be given time even when they are looking like being a disaster).

No, I dont think it was all his fault, not at all. But, by the same token, I dont think that our current malaise is all McCoist's fault. He has Goian looking completely disinterested, Bocanegra has said he would prefer to leave, Broadfoot playing billy big baws. All international defenders.... who, between them, managed to lose 2 goals to a team in the lowest tier of the professional game in Scotland.

But, again, managers stand and fall by their results. But 3 games in and undefeated.... I still maintain that is too soon.

thats the thing that irks me too, he talks a good game, i have no doubts he knows what is wrong, but he has shown he cant fix it. the same square pegs in round holes. he has repeatedly spoke about exciting players coming to the club then signs kevin kyle. he speaks of fast flowing attacking football then all wesee is the long ball and zero fluidity to play. all the while he is on the sidelines arms crossed mouth closed and two assistants behind him mute. why is he not screaming to the wingers to show for the ball, screaming to midfielders to calm it down, get feet on the ball, screaming to defenders to stop punting it aiomlessly. why after that first half showing was there no change and no improvement? the same stuff we seen all too often last year, different players, to an extent, same riubbish.

The PLG was a joke and false from SDM from day 1.

SDM bought us fans off with the name of PLG when at the same time had no intentions of backing him with support or money. It was a classic move from SDM.

PLG is a different topic for a different thread, and I knew when I mentioned him it would go off topic.

Out of curiosity, how much money has McCoist been given by Green ? All of our signings have been freebies have they not ? So if we cut PLG slack for not being given money then the same applies to McCoist, no ?

Lets be honest here, the players that McCoist has at his disposal are more than capable of getting out of this, and the 2nd, division - and they will. Sometimes the players have to take responsibility for their professionalism (or lack thereof) too. I read somebody saying that plenty on Saturday didnt look like they were trying. Well, that is something which is very difficult for a manager to change during the game. This has been debated before, but to me if a professional player cant give his all for 90 minutes every game then he doesnt deserve to be a pro. He may have a bad game, which happens, but to not try is horribly unprofessional, and a manager can only change that when he has seen it happen - but McCoist has few options on the bench when this does happen - I wouldnt really want kids thrown in away to Peterhead with the result on the line.

that peterhead result ruined my weekend, much the same way our european exit ruined the whole season for me.

insults? :S

you can't do anything about it and it pissed me off as well like it would've most fans, but I have more important things to worry about these days than to let a result/s ruin my weekend or the whole season, I used to feel like that a long time ago but if I felt like that now i wouldn't bother going back.

you've called him a few names from shite to an embarrassing manager from what i can see, is that not insults?

IMHO we started playing badly when (I assume) the situation behind the scenes was becoming more widely known amongst the staff and players.

I wouldn't consider myself a fan of McCoist as I think he's shown only limited signs of being able to do the business. However, I do appreciate there are extenuating circumstances and I'm prepared to wait longer than one match in a new era before calling for his head.

thankfully for me i am not jumping the gun after one game frankie. i felt the same last season too. there has clearly been no change in players attitudes or the coaching thinking.

With Le Guen as manager we wouldnt have made Europe. So he wouldnt have had ANY European results.

Dont get me wrong, I would have liked to have seen Le Guen given more time (hey, at least I am consistent in wanting managers to be given time even when they are looking like being a disaster).

No, I dont think it was all his fault, not at all. But, by the same token, I dont think that our current malaise is all McCoist's fault. He has Goian looking completely disinterested, Bocanegra has said he would prefer to leave, Broadfoot playing billy big baws. All international defenders.... who, between them, managed to lose 2 goals to a team in the lowest tier of the professional game in Scotland.

But, again, managers stand and fall by their results. But 3 games in and undefeated.... I still maintain that is too soon.

that first bit you simply dont know. guess work at best.

is it not managers jobs and coaches josb to make sure players are ready, mentally and physically? team talks, one on one and as a whole.

again, i feel like i keep repeating myself, not to you, this is not knee jerk, it is not about one result, it is about his whole tenure which has been a complete disaster.

proof, your responce post's to mine in this thread, laughable at best i'm sorry to say mate. But if last season and the start to this season is what you call football then thats up to you.

What response ? The one where I clearly showed to you that we were not out of the title race before administration ?

Also, where did I say the foorball on show was something aesthetically pleasing.

Seems you are trying to put words in people's mouths which clearly arent there.