Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

thankfully for me i am not jumping the gun after one game frankie. i felt the same last season too. there has clearly been no change in players attitudes or the coaching thinking.

The circumstances have changed markedly from last season.

Like I say, I'm not defending McCoist as he's not impressed me but he's not going to be sacked anytime soon and neither should he as it stands.

you can't do anything about it and it pissed me off as well like it would've most fans, but I have more important things to worry about these days than to let a result/s ruin my weekend or the whole season, I used to feel like that a long time ago but if I felt like that now i wouldn't bother going back.

you've called him a few names from shite to an embarrassing manager from what i can see, is that not insults?

rangers are a big part of my life and very important too, sad maybe, but it is.

well he hasnt done very well has he.

It's not really fair to criticise him at the moment. He was asked to take over a team last season that hadn't really changed in about 3 years and was in desperate need of freshening up.

Out of everyone he got I would say only Bocanegra and Wallace were a success. He was still stuck with a lot of deadweight that Walter Smith had bought Lafferty for example. With no real hope that even if he did manage to sell them. With Craig Whytes transfer negotiation tactics he had little to no chance of getting someone half decent in to replace them.

This season he is trying to build a completely new team from scratch he's had no chance to play any pre-season games to allow players to get match sharp. So in effect at the moment this is our pre-season. If we are still like this in a month or 2 then I will be concerned but not at the moment.

All you say is true mate but it can't hide the fact he was caught out badly by Dundee Utd and Falkirk, as you say it's our preseason would you expect that team to go to Peterhead and win a preseason game because I would and Peterhead would have been out to win it even if it was a preseason game.

I've never actually cried for Ally to be sacked, but I'm extremely worried that he doesnt have it as a manager when what we really need is a bloody good manager to rebuild the whole team set up from ground up. He's keeps making the same mistakes again and again if that doesnt get alarm bells ringing then I don't know what will.

I really really hope he proves me wrong because I love the man, but if he ain't got it he ain't got it and no amount of hero worship will change that I'm afraid.

I know this will sound like just trying to cover McCoist's arse but even in that Falkirk game we lost that thanks to an individual error. If memory serves me McCoist did what many on here have been screaming that he never does - make changes soon enough. We were playing horribly, down 2-0 and he brought Naismith on - we get it back to 2-2 and then Alexander has a howler. Again, difficult to legislate for that.

Utd we werent at the races - it happens. We as fans hate it, but it happens.

I agree with you, there ARE alarm bells - but 3 games into the season with a much changed squad, some of whom are playing but clearly dont want to be here - but given his resrouces he has no option but to play them, or play kids in their stead.

I am no McCoist worshipper (as a manager) as CumbernauldGers would have you believe - I just prefer to give him the first few months of the season till things settle down. Whether we like it or not there have been extenuating circumstances this summer. Should we be beating all and sundry in the 3rd ? Of course we should. But we have lost all of our best performers, or nigh on all, and it is only in the last couple of weeks that we have known if we would be playing football and also if we can even sign any players.

Even last season, the football may have been dire at times, and there is no doubting it was, but we were still in the title race when we went into admin, despite Cumbernauld's protestations otherwise - and there were also times we actually played very well - we pumped Celtic at Ibrox 3-2 going on a cricket score whilst playing some excellent stuff. So the ability is there to do it, it is getting them to do it consistently - and that is the responsibility of BOTH management AND playing staff.

Still too early for me to make the change.

It's not really fair to criticise him at the moment. He was asked to take over a team last season that hadn't really changed in about 3 years and was in desperate need of freshening up.

Out of everyone he got I would say only Bocanegra and Wallace were a success. He was still stuck with a lot of deadweight that Walter Smith had bought Lafferty for example. With no real hope that even if he did manage to sell them. With Craig Whytes transfer negotiation tactics he had little to no chance of getting someone half decent in to replace them.

This season he is trying to build a completely new team from scratch he's had no chance to play any pre-season games to allow players to get match sharp. So in effect at the moment this is our pre-season. If we are still like this in a month or 2 then I will be concerned but not at the moment.

it was a double winning squad andhe was allowed to add 9 of his own players to that and still made a complete mess of it. lafferty was not deadweight for goodness sake. that is ridiculous. whytes negotiations got ally 9 new players, not too shabby at all, for any club. it is not a completely new team either, we had a back bone already in place of around 6 first team players.

On this forum, I used to expect better. However, I suppose as we grow, the law of averages will prevail and the moronic element of our support will be represented. One draw and the game's up for ally eh? You people on here slating him have no comprehension of what he's been through and continues to go through for our club. He just lost a whole generation of players for fuck sake. Including all the decent youngsters. He's in the process of rebuilding a truly shattered institution and it's clear to see some players are still waiting on a move.

Jimmy fucking calderwood, indeed. We almost lost rangers forever and now we have a fight on our hands. A fight, not a cakewalk. Ally's done some cracking business already considering our situation and he needs time. "oh but he had his chance last season and he never played nice football". Fuck off. The club fell down around his ears and if you can't remember that then I truly envy you. I remember, so does Ally. Amongst the ruins stands one man. He's got my support. You lot can fuck off back to FF where you belong.

Sorry admin....furious.

Never saw much of the game on Saturday on a poor link prior to going over to Berwick, What i did see i thought we lacked a wee bit of width without proper wingers. Too much long ball at times and overcrowding in midfield. Easily sorted i would have thought, no need to panic.

The circumstances have changed markedly from last season.

Like I say, I'm not defending McCoist as he's not impressed me but he's not going to be sacked anytime soon and neither should he as it stands.

imo that is debatable.