Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Agreed.

On the other hand, his investors may not fancy Ally either so they may be equally happy to move him on quickly if they get the chance. We simply don't know what they're thinking.

Generally, I think the old adage about the Old Firm only being 3 bad results from a crisis is true. Even in the Third Division, we'll get away with the odd bad result/performance but any more than that, then the fans will get annoyed - as we've seen on here over the last few days.

Saturday was dreadful - no excuses. The pressure is on Ally again...

If East Stirling is a poor result and/or performance then things could be interesting.

By all means I feel a convincing win and an impressive display is required, we're at Ibrox so not even the excuses about these teams scrapping on smaller pitches.

it's not sad, we all care but just show it differently but over the years I don't tend to let bad results bother me much as it doesn't just affect you it's affects everyone else you come in contact with.

He hasn't done great lets be honest and if he doesn't deliver he will be sacked i'm sure or moved elsewhere, i'm not a fan of his tactics either, i just don't understand our own fans calling our manager shite or whatever, if you don't like him fair enough but I think he or anyone else in their positions deserve a bit more respect sometimes.

like you said mate, we all show our frustrations differently.

starting to stray off topic a bit now....

My original question...If not McCoist - Who???

So far we've had Jimmy Calderwood, Billy Davis, Kenny Shiels and Stuart McCall. Is that the best on offer??? All 4 are decent managers, but you knows if they'll turn out better than what we currently have?? Folk should remember that they couldn't wait to get rid of McLeish & get PLG in - that worked a treat!!!

Sometimes your better with the devil you know....

Charles Green isn't about to make such a potentially divisive decision just when he's creating some unity, things will need to get really bad.

There would be uproar if Ally got the sack, quite rightly too. The only way the support would sanction Ally being removed would be a move into the boardroom. Being the manager Ally is muzzled and on a leash as far as our enemies are concerned, when he is ready to move it will be good to see him set free on these dirty manky scumbags.

There would be uproar if Ally got the sack, quite rightly too. The only way the support would sanction Ally being removed would be a move into the boardroom. Being the manager Ally is muzzled and on a leash as far as our enemies are concerned, when he is ready to move it will be good to see him set free on these dirty manky scumbags.

Can't agree there, no rash decisions should be made but in the long term he should be judged the same as any other manager, i'll accept him being removed if I feel it is warranted.

Paul Le Guen and Alex McLeish would have had much more stick by now.

Actually they only got stick for doing a hell of a lot worse than Ally - and that's without the troubles we've had in the last year - and I'll bet you were one of those saying they both needed more time.

PLG was 17 points behind in half a season. Ally finished 20points behind in a whole season with a 10 point penalty and 3 losses in four after we went into administration.

Eck finished third - when did Ally do that? Despite winning two titles, Eck averaged about 10 points behind Celtic for every year in charge.

Basically with those three it's like putting three runners in a race, but you put a ball and chain round one's ankle, he still wins but you want to criticise him the most and give the other two another chance.

I wan't to see how Ally does without the ball and chain. If he can be one of the better ones with it, what is he like without it?

that first bit you simply dont know. guess work at best.

is it not managers jobs and coaches josb to make sure players are ready, mentally and physically? team talks, one on one and as a whole.

again, i feel like i keep repeating myself, not to you, this is not knee jerk, it is not about one result, it is about his whole tenure which has been a complete disaster.

But then so too is your previous assertion guesswork. McCoist never had, nor will have, the same players at his disposal against the same opposition as PLG had when PLG obtained his Euro results for us. :D

Yes, it is a manager's job to have his team prepared. But if a player simply doesnt listen and ignores the advice ? Ferguson allegedly did this with PLG and PLG dropped him, right ? The issue for McCoist is that he has a threadbare squad and dropping anyone who isnt trying is difficult, especially when he has more than one or two in that position.

I know you are consistent and you dont rate McCoist and, as I say, that is fair enough as there have been alarm bells for sure. I would contend it hasnt been a "complete disaster" - the start of last season and the extended domestic unbeaten run would suggest it wasnt - but I wont take issue with anyone suggesting it was - we did, after all, win nothing last season, and were punted out of Europe twice early doors too and finished 2nd in a 2 horse race - but with the league administration could, only COULD mind, have been the difference between winning and losing that.

it was a double winning squad andhe was allowed to add 9 of his own players to that and still made a complete mess of it. lafferty was not deadweight for goodness sake. that is ridiculous. whytes negotiations got ally 9 new players, not too shabby at all, for any club. it is not a completely new team either, we had a back bone already in place of around 6 first team players.

I don’t think Lafferty ever justified his near £4m price tag and if we could have recouped most of our money on him, I think we would have done so.

Kirk Broadfoot most people would like to have seen him leave a couple of seasons ago but he is still there. David Weir was basically finished 2 seasons ago but because we couldn’t get anyone decent to replace him he stuck around.

Jelavic’s heart wasn’t in it he was looking to move plus Whyte was looking to sell him as well, even more so after we got knocked out of Europe. Naismith got injured. Whittaker was far too inconsistent he was another who never really justified the big fee we paid for him and Bougherra wanted to leave as well.

McCoist took a punt on Goian after failing to get Cuellar who I think would’ve done a job for us but Goian certainly hasn’t so far. I don’t know why we signed McKay, Ortiz and Bedoya just because we could I suppose but none of them were really given a proper chance to make it at Rangers.

Wallace and Bocanegra were the only 2 decent signings McCoist made last summer in my opinion.

Actually they only got stick for doing a hell of a lot worse than Ally - and that's without the troubles we've had in the last year - and I'll bet you were one of those saying they both needed more time.

PLG was 17 points behind in half a season. Ally finished 20points behind in a whole season with a 10 point penalty and 3 losses in four after we went into administration.

Eck finished third - when did Ally do that? Despite winning two titles, Eck averaged about 10 points behind Celtic for every year in charge.

Basically with those three it's like putting three runners in a race, but you put a ball and chain round one's ankle, he still wins but you want to criticise him the most and give the other two another chance.

I wan't to see how Ally does without the ball and chain. If he can be one of the better ones with it, what is he like without it?

Lets be fair now, before administration kicked off Ally had blown four cup competitions and a 15 point lead.

I wanted Le Guen out pretty quickly actually, Eck not so much probably mainly because I loved the two terrific moments he gave us.

My main point was as is common in these situations a club legend will get an easier time.