Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

No I would have to disagree.

He was 15 points clear and going strong.

The club then imploded through no fault of his own and players heads and hearts were not in it.

This season will make McCoist, watch this space...

beating celtic at parkhead is the sort fo thing which will make him, not winning a part time league title. jim mcinally tactically had his number the other day, like so many other managers on tiny budgets compared to ally and all the riches and resources he has.

No I would have to disagree.

He was 15 points clear and going strong.

The club then imploded through no fault of his own and players heads and hearts were not in it.

This season will make McCoist, watch this space...[/QUOTE]

The re-writing of history, well if you ant to belive that you can but it's simply not the truth.

Even before admin we were out of both cups, 2 lots of euro football and out of the title.

Sorry but the bold bit has me laughing.

Absolute nonsense, and you know it.

We were 4 points behind in the title race. Out of it ? Nonsense.

we have never had a "top" manager and will never again attract one. our current level is gus macpherson, terry butcher, jimmy calderwood, billy davies etc etc and quite frankly i would take any of them over ally. at least we know they can manage players, learn from mistakes and change things around when they are not working. lets be honest it would not be hard to improve on ally and co. i took a terrible disliking to eck when he was here, it was getting to that stage under walter as well, thankfully he walked away and i do not want to get like that with my favourite ever rangers player.

I cannot believe people are (after one draw) looking to replace a man like McCoist with dross such as Calderwood.

Give it time - McCoist is making moves on the transfer front, we are looking at young Brazilian winger who has been plying his trade in Turkey.

There is no need just yet for such an overreaction.

Craig, why does everyone throw the 12 game unbeaten league run up to prove Ally has it, included in that run were cup humiliations that would rank as some of the worst in the clubs history, but it's ok because we didn't manage to get beat in the league. Then we lose our star player and the second horse in the two horse race starts running the rest is history.

The scary thing is we will win this league and the next we can spend to get there, I really hope Ally has it because if he doesn't Div1 will find him out very quickly or will it be SPL2 which if it came next season could be a disaster.

Edited by GovanAllan

I think people have a right to be worried about some of the issues from Saturday's game.

However, with next to no pre-season matches and several new players it was always going to be the case we'd be less than convincing to begin the season.

I'm sure we all want a lot more from the players and manager and I think we'll get it if we're patient.

what was the excuse for the same failings last season frankie?

By the way, can anyone remember Irvine Meadow running hearts close last season (?) when hearts were going well ?

Earlier it was all Broadfoot's fault and now it's apparently Ally's.

Give Ally a break......for the meantime, eh lads !

That was Auchinleck Talbot. Probably deserved at least a draw that day :D

I cannot believe people are (after one draw) looking to replace a man like McCoist with dross such as Calderwood.

Give it time - McCoist is making moves on the transfer front, we are looking at young Brazilian winger who has been plying his trade in Turkey.

a man like mccoist? as a manager, that man mccoist has been a complete flop, on the park an embarrassment to the club. anyone else would already be down the road after last seasons disgrace.

Edited by kuznetsov

What's Billy Davis doing these days? If we were to move from from Ally then he'd get my vote.

Agree he would be high on my list. I would also like us to try something new. Go and get either a spanish or dutch manager and same with all the coaching staff. And try it for more than 6 months this time. We need to change the clubs attitude to playing football imo.

some just can't seem to let it go, he's not going anywhere any time soon but they are just waiting for a bad result and seem to like posting about him failing, it must be personal but it's very petty and boring hearing the same stuff over and over.